Doggart History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Doggart family
The surname Doggart was first found in Norfolk where they held a family seat from very early times and were granted lands by Duke William of Normandy, their liege Lord, for their distinguished assistance at the Battle of Hastings in 1066 A.D.
Important Dates for the Doggart family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Doggart research. Another 63 words (4 lines of text) covering the years 1501, 1479, 1483, 1640, 1721, 1691 and 1715 are included under the topic Early Doggart History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Doggart Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Doggett, Dogget, Doggart, Doggert, Dogate and others.
Early Notables of the Doggart family (pre 1700)
Outstanding amongst the family at this time was John Doget (died 1501), an English diplomat, scholar and Renaissance humanist, he was sent to Rome to help arrange a...
Another 28 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Doggart Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Doggart family to Ireland
Some of the Doggart family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.
Another 92 words (7 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Doggart family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Thomas Doggett who settled in Massachusetts in 1630; John Doggett settled in Salem, Massachusetts in 1630; Joseph Doggett landed in America in 1775.
Contemporary Notables of the name Doggart (post 1700)
- Sebastian Doggart, English-born, American television producer, director, writer, journalist and cinematographer, grandson of James Hamilton Doggart, son of Caroline Doggart
- Arthur Peter Doggart (1927-1965), English cricketer who played for Sussex from 1947 to 1951
- Nike Doggart, English conservationist, environmental activist and writer
- James Hamilton Doggart (1900-1989), English leading ophthalmologist, lecturer, writer and cricketer
- Alexander Graham Doggart JP (1897-1963), English administrator, first-class cricketer, footballer and magistrate from Bishop Auckland, County Durham
- George Hubert Graham Doggart OBE (1925-2018), English sports administrator, first-class cricketer and schoolmaster from Earl's Court, London
- Caroline Elizabeth Doggart (b. 1939), Dutch development economist and author from Utrecht, in the Netherlands
You May Also Like