Deel History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The Anglo-Saxon name Deel comes from the family having resided in Kent, where the name was often spelt Dole.
Early Origins of the Deel family
The surname Deel was first found in Kent where they held a family seat from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
Early History of the Deel family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Deel research. Another 67 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Deel History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Deel Spelling Variations
Deel has been spelled many different ways. Before English spelling became standardized over the last few hundred years, spelling variations in names were a common occurrence. As the English language changed in the Middle Ages, absorbing pieces of Latin and French, as well as other languages, the spelling of people's names also changed considerably, even over a single lifetime. Spelling variants included: Deal, Deale, Dealey, Dealy, Deel and others.
Early Notables of the Deel family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Deel Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Deel is the 8,310th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Deel migration to the United States +
In an attempt to escape the chaos experienced in England, many English families boarded overcrowded and diseased ships sailing for the shores of North America and other British colonies. Those families hardy enough, and lucky enough, to make the passage intact were rewarded with land and a social environment less prone to religious and political persecution. Many of these families became important contributors to the young colonies in which they settled. Early immigration and passenger lists have documented some of the first Deels to arrive on North American shores:
Deel Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Adam Deel, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1764 
- George Deel, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1764 
Deel Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Frank Deel, aged 28, who immigrated to the United States from Oswestry, England, in 1907
- Marie E. Deel, aged 34, who immigrated to the United States, in 1923
- Norman Deel, aged 24, who landed in America, in 1924
- Leonard Deel, aged 46, who settled in America, in 1924
Contemporary Notables of the name Deel (post 1700) +
- Sandra Deel (1927-2008), American actress, known for her roles in Junior Bonner (1972), Needles and Pins (1973) and Mary Jane Harper Cried Last Night (1977)
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)