Dealey History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The ancient roots of the Dealey family name are in the Anglo-Saxon culture. The name Dealey comes from when the family lived in Kent, where the name was often spelt Dole.
Early Origins of the Dealey family
The surname Dealey was first found in Kent where they held a family seat from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
Important Dates for the Dealey family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dealey research. Another 67 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Dealey History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dealey Spelling Variations
One relatively recent invention that did much to standardize English spelling was the printing press. However, before its invention even the most literate people recorded their names according to sound rather than spelling. The spelling variations under which the name Dealey has appeared include Deal, Deale, Dealey, Dealy, Deel and others.
Early Notables of the Dealey family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Dealey Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dealey migration to the United States
At this time, the shores of the New World beckoned many English families that felt that the social climate in England was oppressive and lacked opportunity for change. Thousands left England at great expense in ships that were overcrowded and full of disease. A great portion of these settlers never survived the journey and even a greater number arrived sick, starving, and without a penny. The survivors, however, were often greeted with greater opportunity than they could have experienced back home. These English settlers made significant contributions to those colonies that would eventually become the United States and Canada. An examination of early immigration records and passenger ship lists revealed that people bearing the name Dealey arrived in North America very early:
Dealey Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- J R Dealey, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1851 
Dealey migration to Australia
Emigration to Australia
followed the First Fleets
of convicts, tradespeople and early settlers. Early immigrants include:
Dealey Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Sally Dealey, aged 21, a servant, who arrived in South Australia in 1856 aboard the ship "Australia"
Contemporary Notables of the name Dealey (post 1700)
- Commander Samuel David Dealey (1906-1944), American officer awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor 
- Mandy Dealey, American Democrat politician, Candidate in primary for Texas State House of Representatives 48th District, 2000 
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ Samuel Dealey. (Retrieved 2010, September 27) Samuel Dealey. Retrieved from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_D._Dealey
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 12) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html