Cremins History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The Cremins surname is an Anglicized form of the Gaelic Ó Cruimín, which means "descendant of Cruimín," which is derived from the word "crom," meaning "bent," or "crooked."
Early Origins of the Cremins family
The surname Cremins was first found in County Cork
(Irish: Corcaigh) the ancient Kingdom of Deis Muin (Desmond), located on the southwest coast of Ireland
in the province of Munster
, where they held a family seat
from ancient times.
Early History of the Cremins family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Cremins research.Another 330 words (24 lines of text) covering the years 1446, 1594, 1628, 1640, 1646, 1659, 1665, and 1694 are included under the topic Early Cremins History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Cremins Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Cremin, Crimmin, Cremins, O Cremin, McCremon and others.
Early Notables of the Cremins family (pre 1700)
Notable among the family name at this time was Charles MacCarty (Cormac Oge McCarthy), (d. 1640). He was from the ancient line of Dermot McCarthy, King of Munster, and was created the 1st Viscount Muskerry in 1628. His motto was... Another 39 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Cremins Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Cremins family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Cremins Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- E. Cremins, aged 25, who arrived in America from Liverpool, in 1892
Cremins Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Jeremiagh Cremins, aged 22, who arrived in America from Killarney, in 1903
- William Cremins, aged 21, who arrived in America from Ireland, in 1907
- Delia Cremins, aged 24, who arrived in America from Marple, England, in 1911
- Mary Cremins, aged 19, who arrived in America from Castlisland, Ireland, in 1911
- James Cremins, aged 55, who arrived in America, in 1914
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Cremins (post 1700)
- Robert Anthony "Bob" Cremins (1906-2004), American Major League Baseball pitcher for the Boston Red Sox during the 1927 season
- Bobby Cremins (b. 1947), retired American college basketball head coach at Appalachian State, Georgia Tech
- Gus Cremins (b. 1921), Irish Gaelic football All- Ireland Senior medal holder of the 1945 Kerry County Championship
Cremins Family Crest Products