Cornett History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Cornett family
The surname Cornett was first found in Cumberland at Corney, a parish, in the union of Bootle, Allerdale ward above Derwent.
"The surface is boldly varied, and the scenery in many parts strikingly picturesque; the higher grounds command diversified prospects, and from Corney Hall is an exceedingly fine view of the sea and numerous interesting objects. On the lands of the Hall are several veins of iron-ore of very rich quality, but of limited depth, which were wrought to some extent about 80 years since." 
The first records of the family were found in this area. Robert Cornay held estates at Low Hall, Yorkshire in 1301.  The Lay Subsidy Rolls of 1332 listed Robert de Cornay, Lancashire; and Roger de Cornay, Lancashire. 
Early History of the Cornett family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Cornett research. Another 146 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1332, 1510, 1600, 1480, 1557, 1455 and 1487 are included under the topic Early Cornett History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Cornett Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Corne, Corney, Cornie, Cornay, Cornhay, Cawney, Cawny, Corn, Cornah, Cornall and many more.
Early Notables of the Cornett family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Cornett Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Cornett migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Cornett Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Eleanor Cornett, who landed in Maryland in 1674 
Contemporary Notables of the name Cornett (post 1700) +
- Eva Leanza Cornett (b. 1971), American television personality and beauty pageant titleholder from Big Stone Gap, Virginia, Miss America (1993), Miss Florida (1992), National Sweetheart (1991)
- Michael Earl Cornett Sr. (b. 1958), American politician, 36th Mayor of Oklahoma City (2004-), President of the United States Conference of Mayors (2016-2017)
- R. Orin Cornett (1913-2002), American physicist
- Marshall Eugene Cornett (1898-1947), Oregon businessman and American Republican politician
- "Banjo" Bill Cornett (b. 1890), American traditional folk singer and banjo player
- Abbie Cornett (b. 1966), Republican member of the Nebraska Legislature
- Hannah Cornett (b. 1982), American actor, athlete, and model
- Brad Byron Cornett (b. 1969), American former Major League Baseball pitcher
- Jonathan Webster Cornett (1883-1973), American President of Prudential Insurance Company of America
Related Stories +
Suggested Readings for the name Cornett +
- 1959 "The Cornett Family" by Essie Richardson Cornett.
- ^ Lewis, Samuel, A Topographical Dictionary of England. Institute of Historical Research, 1848, Print.
- ^ Reaney, P.H and R.M. Wilson, A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X)
- ^ Bardsley, C.W, A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6)
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)