on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Cornett family come from? What is the English Cornett family crest and coat of arms? When did the Cornett family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Cornett family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Corne, Corney, Cornie, Cornay, Cornhay, Cawney, Cawny, Corn, Cornah, Cornall and many more.
First found in Yorkshire where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066 as the language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the 13th century when they held estates in that shire. They held a family seat at Low Hall. Robert Cornay held estates in 1301.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Cornett research. Another 331 words(24 lines of text) covering the years 1332, 1455, 1487, 1510, and 1600 are included under the topic Early Cornett History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Cornett Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Cornett Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Eleanor Cornett, who landed in Maryland in 1674
- Brad Byron Cornett (b. 1969), American former Major League Baseball pitcher
- Hannah Cornett (b. 1982), American actor, athlete, and model
- Abbie Cornett (b. 1966), Republican member of the Nebraska Legislature
- "Banjo" Bill Cornett (b. 1890), American traditional folk singer and banjo player
- Marshall Eugene Cornett (1898-1947), Oregon businessman and American Republican politician
- R. Orin Cornett (1913-2002), American physicist
- Jonathan Webster Cornett (1883-1973), American President of Prudential Insurance Company of America
- The Cornett Family by Essie Richardson Cornett.
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Bowman, George Ernest. The Mayflower Reader A Selection of Articales from The Mayflower Descendent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
The Cornett Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Cornett Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 11 May 2013 at 18:33.
on orders of $85 or more