100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: French, Irish
Where did the French Connelly family come from? What is the French Connelly family crest and coat of arms? When did the Connelly family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Connelly family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Conellier, Conelier, Conon, Conus, Conet, Conez, Conens, Connot, Counot, Conard, Connard, Contier, Cosnard, Cosnier, Coniac, Connac, Conneau, Connelly, Conneault, Connault and many more.
First found in Ile-de-France.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Connelly research. More information is included under the topic Early Connelly History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 391 words(28 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Connelly Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Connelly Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jesse Connelly, who landed in Boston, Massachusetts in 1766
- George Connelly, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1773
Connelly Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Timothy Connelly, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1803-1827
- Henry Connelly, who arrived in America in 1810
- Charles Connelly, aged 26, landed in New York in 1812
- Walter Connelly, aged 29, arrived in New York in 1812
- Mary Connelly, who landed in New York, NY in 1816
Connelly Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Mr. Dennis Connelly U.E who settled in Saint John, New Brunswick c. 1783
- Mr. Henry Connelly U.E who arrived at Port Roseway [Shelburne], Nova Scotia on October 26, 1783 was passenger number 264 aboard the ship "HMS Clinton", picked up on September 28, 1783 at Staten Island, New York
- Mr. John Connelly U.E who settled in Saint John, New Brunswick c. 1783
Connelly Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- David Connelly, who arrived in Nova Scotia in 1829
- Lawrence Connelly, who arrived in Nova Scotia in 1831
- Richard Connelly, who arrived in Nova Scotia in 1831
- Dennis Connelly, aged 31, arrived in Saint John, NB in 1833 aboard the brig "Thomas Hanford" from Cork
- John Connelly, aged 31, a labourer, arrived in Saint John, NB in 1834 aboard the brig "Matilda" from Cork
Connelly Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Ellen Connelly, aged 15, arrived in South Australia in 1849 aboard the ship "Elgin"
- Mary Connelly, aged 38, a domestic servant, arrived in South Australia in 1852 aboard the ship "Sea Park"
- Maria Connelly, aged 18, a servant, arrived in South Australia in 1855 aboard the ship "Telegraph"
- Mary A. Connelly, aged 19, a servant, arrived in South Australia in 1855 aboard the ship "Telegraph"
Connelly Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- John Connelly arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Black Eagle" in 1861
- Mary Connelly arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Alfred" in 1864
- James Connelly arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Alfred" in 1864
- Jane Connelly, aged 20, a servant, arrived in Lyttelton, New Zealand aboard the ship "Siberia" in 1870
- Mary Connelly, aged 18, a servant, arrived in Lyttelton, New Zealand aboard the ship "Siberia" in 1870
- Marcus Cook Connelly (1890-1981), American playwright, director, producer, performer, and lyricist awarded the 1930 Pulitzer Prize for Drama
- Michael Connelly (b. 1956), American author of detective novels, President of the Mystery Writers of America from 2003 to 2004, and has won every major award given to mystery writers
- Jennifer Lynn Connelly (b. 1970), American Golden Globe and Academy Award winning film actress
- Mr. Owen Connelly (d. 1915), English Trimmer from New York, New York, USA, who worked aboard the RMS Lusitania and died in the sinking
- John Francis Connelly (1860-1928), Australian prospector and mine owner
- Brigadier Alan Burton Connelly (b. 1908), Commanding Officer Group B Canadian Reinforcement Units, England (1944)
- Charlie Connelly (b. 1970), British author and broadcaster most notable as being a travel writer
- Karen Marie Connelly (b. 1969), award winning Canadian writer and poet
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
The Connelly Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Connelly Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 18 February 2015 at 13:15.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!