Buchert History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The history of the Buchert name began with the ancient Anglo-Saxon tribes of Britain. The name is derived from the baptismal name Buchard, a variant of Burchard.
Early Origins of the Buchert family
The surname Buchert was first found in Lincolnshire, where they held a family seat from ancient times.
Important Dates for the Buchert family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Buchert research. Another 219 words (16 lines of text) covering the years 1150, 1207, 1273, 1500, 1547, 1669, 1748 and 1689 are included under the topic Early Buchert History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Buchert Spelling Variations
Sound was what guided spelling in the essentially pre-literate Middle Ages, so one person's name was often recorded under several variations during a single lifetime. Also, before the advent of the printing press and the first dictionaries, the English language was not standardized. Therefore, spelling variations were common, even among the names of the most literate people. Known variations of the Buchert family name include Bockett, Bocket, Bocard, Bocardi, Bochard, Bockard, Bokett, Bucard, Buchard, Bucket and many more.
Early Notables of the Buchert family (pre 1700)
Another 41 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Buchert Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Buchert migration to the United States
For political, religious, and economic reasons, thousands of English families boarded ships for Ireland, the Canadas, the America colonies, and many of smaller tropical colonies in the hope of finding better lives abroad. Although the passage on the cramped, dank ships caused many to arrive in the New World diseased and starving, those families that survived the trip often went on to make valuable contributions to those new societies to which they arrived. Early immigrants bearing the Buchert surname or a spelling variation of the name include :
Buchert Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johan Dedrick Buchert, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1741 
- Paul Buchert, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1768 
Buchert Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Johannes Buchert, who arrived in North America in 1837 
Contemporary Notables of the name Buchert (post 1700)
- Genelle M. Buchert, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 2000 
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 16) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html