on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Boisvert family come from? What is the French Boisvert family crest and coat of arms? When did the Boisvert family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Boisvert family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Boivin, Boivan, Boiveau, Boisyvon, Boisvert, Boivent, Boisvert, Boivigne and many more.
First found in Normandy (French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy, where they held a family seat in the seigneurie of Bacqueville and were members of the aristocracy of that region.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Boisvert research. Another 215 words(15 lines of text) covering the years 1070, 1066, 1810, 1789, 1649 and 1706 are included under the topic Early Boisvert History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 29 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Boisvert Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Pierre Boivan settled in Quebec from Normandy in 1664; Alain Boivan settled in Quebec in 1747 from Brittany; Louis Boivan settled in Quebec from Champagne in 1745..
- Alexandre Boisvert (b. 1977), American actor
- Frédérik Boisvert, Canadian political adviser
- Laurier J. Boisvert, former President of the Canadian Space Agency
- Michael Boisvert (b. 1973), Canadian actor and choreographer
- Serge Boisvert (b. 1959), Canadian ice hockey player
- Fabien Boisvert (1839-1897), Canadian politician, land surveyor and farmer
- Maurice Boisvert (b. 1897), Canadian politician and lawyer
- Gilles Boisvert (b. 1933), Canadian professional ice hockey player
- Gilles Boisvert (b. 1940), Canadian artist and sculptor
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
The Boisvert Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Boisvert Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 September 2014 at 16:48.
on orders of $85 or more