Blagden History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Blagden family
The surname Blagden was first found in Roxburghshire, Scotland, where they held a family seat from ancient times, some say long before the Norman Conquest in 1066 A.D.
Important Dates for the Blagden family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Blagden research. Another 93 words (7 lines of text) covering the year 1200 is included under the topic Early Blagden History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Blagden Spelling Variations
During the era when a person's name, tribe and posterity was one of his most important possessions, many different spellings were found in the archives examined. Blagden occurred in many references, and spelling variations of the name found included Blackden, Blackenden, Blackdean, Blackdon, Blaikden, Blackdene and many more.
Early Notables of the Blagden family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Blagden Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Blagden migration to the United States
Gradually becoming disenchanted with life in Ireland many of these uprooted families sailed aboard the armada of sailing ships known as the "White Sails" which plied the stormy Atlantic. These overcrowded ships often arrived with only 60 to 70% of their original passenger list, many dying of illness and the elements, were buried at sea. In North America, early immigrants bearing the family name Blagden, or a spelling variation of the surname include:
Blagden Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- E. R. Blagden, aged 38, who settled in America from London, in 1892
- Blagden, aged 26, who landed in America from London, in 1892
- L.P. Blagden, aged 51, who immigrated to America from Liverpool, in 1892
Blagden Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Edward S. Blagden, who landed in America, in 1903
- Frances W. Blagden, aged 21, who immigrated to the United States, in 1906
- George Blagden, aged 44, who immigrated to the United States, in 1910
- Maggie Blagden, aged 24, who landed in America from Busbey Heath, England, in 1910
- James Blagden, aged 36, who landed in America, in 1911
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Blagden (post 1700)
- Samuel P. Blagden, American politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Massachusetts 1st District, 1912 
- Sir Charles Brian Blagden FRS (1748-1820), British physician and scientist
- Matthew Blagden Hale (1811-1895), English-born, first Bishop of Perth, and later Bishop of Brisbane
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, February 3) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html