on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: English, French
Where did the French Bernier family come from? What is the French Bernier family crest and coat of arms? When did the Bernier family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Bernier family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bernier and others.
First found in Dauphiny (French: Dauphiné or Dauphiné Viennois), a former province in southeastern France, where the family has held a family seat since ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bernier research. Another 471 words(34 lines of text) covering the years 1100, 1680, 1685, and 1713 are included under the topic Early Bernier History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 125 words(9 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bernier Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bernier Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johannes Bernier, who landed in Georgia in 1742
Bernier Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Mauricio Bernier, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1816
- John J Lambert Bernier, who landed in New York in 1824
- Herm Bernier, who arrived in America in 1848
- F Bernier, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1855
- Étienne-Alexandre Bernier, French religious figure and Royalist politician during the French Revolution
- Georges Bernier (1929-2005), French humorist and founder of Hara Kiri magazine
- Leo Edward Bernier (b. 1929), Canadian politician from Ontario
- Sylvie Bernier (b. 1964), Canadian diver, gold medal winner at the 1984 Olympics
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
- de la Porte, A. Tresor Heraldique. Paris: F. Casterman, 1864. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
The Bernier Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Bernier Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 January 2014 at 11:06.
on orders of $85 or more