on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: English, French
Where did the French Bernier family come from? What is the French Bernier family crest and coat of arms? When did the Bernier family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Bernier family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bernier and others.
First found in Dauphiny (French: Dauphiné or Dauphiné Viennois), a former province in southeastern France, where the family has held a family seat since ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bernier research. Another 471 words(34 lines of text) covering the years 1100, 1680, 1685, and 1713 are included under the topic Early Bernier History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 125 words(9 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bernier Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bernier Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johannes Bernier, who landed in Georgia in 1742
Bernier Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Mauricio Bernier, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1816
- John J Lambert Bernier, who landed in New York in 1824
- Herm Bernier, who arrived in America in 1848
- F Bernier, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1855
- Étienne-Alexandre Bernier, French religious figure and Royalist politician during the French Revolution
- Georges Bernier (1929-2005), French humorist and founder of Hara Kiri magazine
- Leo Edward Bernier (b. 1929), Canadian politician from Ontario
- Sylvie Bernier (b. 1964), Canadian diver, gold medal winner at the 1984 Olympics
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
The Bernier Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Bernier Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 January 2014 at 11:06.
on orders of $85 or more