Aylsworth History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Norman Conquest of England in 1066 brought much change to the island nation, including many immigrants with new names. Among these immigrants were the ancestors of the Aylsworth family, who lived in Warwickshire where they were first established as Lords of the Manor of Kineton.
Early Origins of the Aylsworth family
The surname Aylsworth was first found in Warwickshire where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor of Kineton. Conjecturally they are descended from a Norman noble who occupied this manor at the time of the taking of the Domesday Book,  a survey of England initiated by Duke William of Normandy after his conquest of England at Hastings in 1066 A.D. This Norman held his land from the King, and the estates were originally called Quintone, a market village.
Early History of the Aylsworth family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Aylsworth research. Another 101 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Aylsworth History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Aylsworth Spelling Variations
Before the last few hundred years the English language had no fixed system of spelling rules. For that reason, spelling variations occurred commonly in Anglo Norman surnames. Over the years, many variations of the name Aylsworth were recorded, including Aylworth, Aylesworth, Ayleworth, Ailsworth, Alesworth, Aleworth, Ailworth, Hailworth and many more.
Early Notables of the Aylsworth family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Aylsworth Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Aylsworth family
The unstable environment in England at this time caused numerous families to board ships and leave in search of opportunity and freedom from persecution abroad in places like Ireland, Australia, and particularly the New World. The voyage was extremely difficult, however, and only taken at great expense. The cramped conditions and unsanitary nature of the vessels caused many to arrive diseased and starving, not to mention destitute from the enormous cost. Still opportunity in the emerging nations of Canada and the United States was far greater than at home and many went on to make important contributions to the cultures of their adopted countries. An examination of many early immigration records reveals that people bearing the name Aylsworth arrived in North America very early: William Alesworth who settled in Virginia in 1654; Edward Aleworth, settled in Somers Islands in 1635; Francis Aleworth settled in Salem Massachusetts in 1630.
Contemporary Notables of the name Aylsworth (post 1700) +
- Joseph Lynn Aylsworth Jr., American Health care executive, Pennsylvania
- Larry Aylsworth, American Democratic Party politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Oregon, 1956 
- Glenn Aylsworth, American politician, Candidate in primary for Circuit Judge in Michigan 13th Circuit, 1968 
- Bowen Ebenezer Aylsworth (1835-1914), Canadian politician who He represented Lennox in the Legislative Assembly of Ontario from 1898 to 1902
Related Stories +
- ^ Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds., Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 18) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html