on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Scottish Simonton family come from? What is the Scottish Simonton family crest and coat of arms? When did the Simonton family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Simonton family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Simington, Simmington, Symington, Symontown, Simonton, Simanton, Siminton and many more.
First found in Lanarkshire (Gaelic: Siorrachd Lannraig) a former county in the central Strathclyde region of Scotland, now divided into the Council Areas of North Lanarkshire, South Lanarkshire, and the City of Glasgow, where they held a family seat from ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Simonton research. Another 172 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1478, 1490, 1612, and 1789 are included under the topic Early Simonton History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Simonton Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Simonton family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 223 words (16 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Simonton Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- William Simonton, who arrived in New England in 1718
Simonton Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Wm Simonton, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1813
- Charles Henry Simonton (1829-1904), United States federal judge
- Charles Bryson Simonton (1838-1911), American politician and a member of the United States Congress
- Ann J. Simonton (b. 1952), American writer, lecturer, media activist, and former fashion model
- William Simonton (1788-1846), Whig member of the U.S. House of Representatives
- Ken Simonton (b. 1979), American football running back
- Skene, William Forbes Edition. Chronicles of the Picts, Chronicles of the Scots and Other Early Memorials of Scottish History. Edinburgh: H.M. General Register House, 1867. Print.
- Paul, Sir James Balfour. An Ordinary of Arms Contained in the Public Register of All Arms and Bearings in Scotland Second Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1903. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Dorward, David. Scottish Surnames. Glasgow: Harper Collins, 1995. Print.
- Barrow, G.W.S Ed. Acts of Malcom IV 1153-65 Volume I Regesta Regum Scottorum 1153-1424. Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 1960. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. Socts Heraldry A Practical Handbook on the Historical Principles and Modern Application of the Art of Science. London: Oliver and Boyd, 1934. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Bain, Robert. The Clans and Tartans of Scotland. Glasgow & London: Collins, 1968. Print. (ISBN 000411117-6).
- Scarlett, James D. Tartan The Highland Textile. London: Shepheard-Walwyn, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0-85683-120-4).
The Simonton Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Simonton Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 November 2015 at 19:51.
on orders of $85 or more