100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Irish Fallon family come from? What is the Irish Fallon family crest and coat of arms? When did the Fallon family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Fallon family history?The spelling and overall form of Irish names often vary considerably. The original Gaelic form of the name Fallon is O Fallamhain.
The archives that survive today demonstrate the difficulty experienced by the scribes of this period in their attempts to record these names in writing. Spelling variations of the name Fallon dating from that time include Fallon, O'Fallon, Fallone, Falloone and others.
First found in Galway (Irish: Gaillimh) part of the province of Connacht, located on the west coast of the Island, where they held a family seat from very ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Fallon research. Another 239 words(17 lines of text) covering the years 1458, 1464, 1443 and 1466 are included under the topic Early Fallon History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 27 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Fallon Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Thousands of Irish left in their homeland in the 18th and 19th centuries to escape the religious and political discrimination they experienced primarily at the hands of the English, and in the search of a plot of land to call their own. These immigrants arrived at the eastern shores of North America, early on settling and breaking the land, and, later, building the bridges, canals, and railroads essential to the emerging nations of United States and Canada. Many others would toil for low wages in the dangerous factories of the day. Although there had been a steady migration of Irish to North America over these years, the greatest influx of Irish immigrants came to North America during the Great Potato Famine of the late 1840s. Early North American immigration records have revealed a number of people bearing the Irish name Fallon or a variant listed above:
Fallon Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Teague Fallon, who landed in Virginia in 1656
- Grace Fallon, who landed in Virginia in 1658
Fallon Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Mather Fallon, who landed in New England in 1717
- Stephen Fallon lived in Pennsylvania in 1773
- Edward Fallon, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1795
Fallon Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- James Fallon, who landed in America in 1833
- John I Fallon, who landed in Louisiana in 1836
- Henry Fallon, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County Pennsylvania in 1843
- Martin Fallon, aged 26, landed in Missouri in 1847
- Thomas Fallon, aged 33, landed in New York, NY in 1847
Fallon Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Margaret Fallon, who arrived in Nova Scotia in 1820
- Patrick Fallon, aged 22, a labourer, arrived in Saint John, NB in 1834 aboard the brig "Breeze" from Dublin
- James Fallon, aged 25, a labourer, arrived in Saint John, NB in 1834 aboard the brig "Trafalgar" from Galway
- Martin Fallon, aged 22, a labourer, arrived in Saint John, NB in 1834 aboard the brig "Trafalgar" from Galway
- John Fallon, aged 23, a labourer, arrived in Saint John, NB in 1834 aboard the brig "Trafalgar" from Galway
Fallon Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Patrick Fallon, aged 28, English Convict from Barbados, who was transported aboard the "Aboukir" on December 24, 1851, settling in Van Diemen's Land, Australia
- Honora Fallon, aged 21, a housemaid, arrived in South Australia in 1854 aboard the ship "Nugget"
- Catherine Fallon (aged 20), a servant, arrived in South Australia in 1856 aboard the ship "Aliquis"
- Bartholomew Fallon (aged 34), a labourer, arrived in South Australia in 1856 aboard the ship "Aliquis"
- Patrick Fallon, aged 22, a labourer, arrived in South Australia in 1858 aboard the ship "Frenchman"
- Joe Fallon (b. 1985), American professional NHL ice hockey goaltender
- Siobhan Fallon Hogan (b. 1961), born Siobhan Fallon, an American actress, known for her work in the films Men in Black, Forrest Gump, The Negotiator, and Daddy Day Care
- Siobhan Fallon, American writer
- Richard G. Fallon (1923-2013), American Dean Emeritus of The School of Theatre at Florida State University
- Ed Fallon (b. 1958), American politician, Member of the Iowa House of Representatives (1993-2006)
- Admiral William Joseph Fallon (b. 1944), retired United States Navy four-star admiral, former Commander, U.S. Central Command (2007-2008)
- James Thomas "Jimmy" Fallon (b. 1974), American television host, comedian, actor, singer, musician and producer, host of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon
- Sean Fallon (1922-2013), Irish former professional football player
- Cyril Joseph Fallon (1887-1948), Australian politician, Member for Eastern Suburbs (1922–1925)
- Johnny Fallon (1913-1985), Scottish professional golfer who played on the 1955 Ryder Cup
- George Lawrence Fallon, 1888-1959: His Ancestors and Descendants by Kathleen Moore Fitzpatrick.
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Somerset Fry, Peter and Fiona Somerset Fry. A History of Ireland. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1993. Print. (ISBN 1-56619-215-3).
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1970. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1978. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Woulfe, Rev. Patrick. Irish Names and Surnames Collected and Edited with Explanatory and Historical Notes. Kansas City: Genealogical Foundation, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-940134-403).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Vicars, Sir Arthur. Index to the Prerogative Wills of Ireland 1536-1810. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
The Fallon Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Fallon Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 24 May 2015 at 20:22.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!