Zucchi History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Zucchi family
The surname Zucchi was first found in Udine, a town in Venetia and capital of the province of Udine. An old walled city it dates back to early Roman times. There is an old castle (1517) in the center of the town which is now used as a museum and art gallery. The church of S.Maria della Purita is notable with many treasures. The town hall was built in 1448. It was the seat of the Italian command in WWI. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Zucchi family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Zucchi research. Another 127 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1254, 1320, 1460, 1862, 1541, 1590, 1692, 1764, 1663 and 1716 are included under the topic Early Zucchi History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Zucchi Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Zucchi, Zucco, Zucca, Zucchelli, Zuchello, Zucchetti, Zucchini, Zucchino, Zuccoli, Zuccolin, Zucconi, Zuccon, Zuccalli, Zuccardo, Zuccotto, Zuccante, Zuccatti and many more.
Early Notables of the Zucchi family (pre 1700)
Another 48 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Zucchi Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Zucchi family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Joseph Zucco, who settled in Iowa sometime between 1866 and 1943; Frank Zucco, who came to Iowa sometime between 1866 and 1943; Antonio Zucco, who arrived in Iowa sometime between 1866 and 1943.
Contemporary Notables of the name Zucchi (post 1700) +
- Virginia Zucchi (1849-1933), Italian dancer and ballerina whose career spanned the years 1864 to 1898
- Roby Luigi Zucchi (b. 1951), Italian water-skier noted for slalom; he won a gold medal at the 1972 Olympics, inducted into the Water Skiing Hall of Fame in 1995
- Giuseppe Carlo Zucchi (1721-1805), Italian engraver from Venice
- Franco Zucchi (b. 1917), Italian former sailor who competed in the 1960 Summer Olympics
- Franco Zucchi (b. 1965), Italian rower who competed at the 1988 Summer Olympics and the 1996 Summer Olympics
- Dino Zucchi (1927-2011), Italian basketball player who competed in the men's tournament at the 1952 Summer Olympics
- Carlo Zucchi (1789-1849), Italian architect, nephew of the namesake Italian general, Zucchi
- Giovanni Zucchi (1931-2021), Italian five-time gold medalist rower who competed in the 1956, 1960, and the 1964 Summer Olympics
- Niccolo Zucchi (1586-1670), Italian Jesuit Astronomer and Physicist, inventor of the concave reflecting telescope
- Thaila Lucia Zucchi (b. 1981), British singer and actress of English and Italian descent
- ... (Another 3 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +