Early Origins of the Zucchi family
The surname Zucchi was first found in Udine, a town in Venetia and capital of the province of Udine. An old walled city it dates back to early Roman times. There is an old castle (1517) in the center of the town which is now used as a museum and art gallery. The church of S.Maria della Purita is notable with many treasures. The town hall was built in 1448. It was the seat of the Italian command in WWI. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Zucchi family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Zucchi research.Another 127 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1254, 1320, 1460, 1862, 1663 and 1716 are included under the topic Early Zucchi History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Zucchi Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Zucchi, Zucco, Zucca, Zucchelli, Zuchello, Zucchetti, Zucchini, Zucchino, Zuccoli, Zuccolin, Zucconi, Zuccon, Zuccalli, Zuccardo, Zuccotto, Zuccante, Zuccatti and many more.
Early Notables of the Zucchi family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Zucchi Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Zucchi family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Joseph Zucco, who settled in Iowa sometime between 1866 and 1943; Frank Zucco, who came to Iowa sometime between 1866 and 1943; Antonio Zucco, who arrived in Iowa sometime between 1866 and 1943.
Contemporary Notables of the name Zucchi (post 1700)
- Antonio Pietro Zucchi (1726-1795), Italian painter
- Niccolo Zucchi (1586-1670), Italian Jesuit Astronomer and Physicist, inventor of the concave reflecting telescope
- Carlo Zucchi, French Brigadier General during the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars from 1789 to 1815 CITATION[CLOSE]
Generals Who Served in the French Army during the Period 1789-1815. (Retrieved 2015, November 3) Carlo Zucchi. Retrieved from http://www.napoleon-series.org/research/c_frenchgenerals.html
- Eduardo Zucchi, Actor
- Gaia Zucchi, Actress
- Roby Zucchi, Actor
- Augusto Zucchi, Actor
- Antonio Zucchi, Venetian painter, elected to the English Royal Academy
Zucchi Family Crest Products
- ^ Generals Who Served in the French Army during the Period 1789-1815. (Retrieved 2015, November 3) Carlo Zucchi. Retrieved from http://www.napoleon-series.org/research/c_frenchgenerals.html