Winer History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Winer family
The surname Winer was first found in Berkshire where we find Sarra de Winiard in the Curia Regis Rolls of 1212. Later Juliana de la Wingarde was listed in the Subsidy Rolls of 1275 and William atte Wyneard was listed in the Subsidy Rolls for Somerset in 1327. 
The name literally means "worker in the vineyard."   
Another source notes confirms William atte Wyneard in Somerset, 1 Edward III (in the first year of the reign of Edward III.) 
Early History of the Winer family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Winer research. Another 87 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1596, 1577, 1665, 1739, 1563, 1617, 1614, 1563, 1581, 1617, 1602, 1603, 1603, 1607, 1614, 1603, 1587, 1615, 1617, 1603, 1688, 1641, 1660, 1678, 1679, 1679 and 1681 are included under the topic Early Winer History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Winer Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Wynyard, Wynard, Winnard, Winward, Winwood and others.
Early Notables of the Winer family (pre 1700)
Distinguished members of the family include Sir Ralph Winwood (c. 1563-1617), an English diplomat and politician, English Ambassador in France, Secretary of State and Privy Councillor from 1614 until his death. He was born about 1563 at Aynhoe in Northamptonshire, the son of Richard Winwood. His grandfather, Lewis Winwood, was at one time secretary to Charles Brandon, duke of Suffolk. His father was described in the university registers as 'plebeius.' He owned no land, and possibly was a tenant on the Aynhoe estate which belonged to Magdalen College, Oxford. On his death, before 1581, his widow Joan married John Weekes of...
Another 318 words (23 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Winer Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Winer is the 14,145th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Winer migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Winer Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jacob Winer, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1743 
- John Winer, who landed in Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania in 1743 
Winer Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Danl Winer, aged 28, who arrived in America in 1822 
- Ebenezer Winer, aged 25, who landed in America in 1822 
- Adolph Winer, aged 21, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1866 
Contemporary Notables of the name Winer (post 1700) +
- Samuel D. Winer, American Democratic Party politician, Candidate for West Virginia State Senate 2nd District, 1978 
- Jordan Winer, American politician, Candidate for Presidential Elector for Michigan, 2012 
- Andrew S. Winer, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Hawaii, 2008 
- Johann Georg Benedikt Winer (1789-1858), German New Testament scholar
Related Stories +
- ^ Reaney, P.H and R.M. Wilson, A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X)
- ^ Harrison, Henry, Surnames of the United Kingdom: A Concise Etymological Dictionary Baltimore: Geneological Publishing Company, 2013. Print
- ^ Bardsley, C.W, A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6)
- ^ Dickinson, F.H., Kirby's Quest for Somerset of 16th of Edward the 3rd London: Harrison and Sons, Printers in Ordinary to Her Majesty, St, Martin's Lane, 1889. Print.
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 26) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html