on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Vierling family come from? What is the French Vierling family crest and coat of arms? When did the Vierling family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Vierling family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Vierville, Vierling, Vierfe, Vierves, Vierve, Vervier, Feherval and many more.
First found in Normandy (French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat with lands and manor. The family were well established in the region of Calvados and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Vierling research. Another 136 words(10 lines of text) covering the years 1680, 1692, and 1729 are included under the topic Early Vierling History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 28 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Vierling Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Vierling Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Charles Vierling, who arrived in Indiana in 1846
- Louis Vierling, aged 36, who emigrated to the United States, in 1892
- Gustav Vierling, aged 25, who settled in America, in 1893
- Emma Vierling, aged 68, landed in Baltimore, Maryland in 1893
- Franz Vierling, aged 50, who emigrated to the United States, in 1894
Vierling Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Augusta Vierling, aged 40, who emigrated to America from Paris, France, in 1907
- Louis Vierling, who landed in America, in 1908
- Mrs A.J. Vierling, aged 55, who settled in America, in 1909
- Mrs.A. Vierling, aged 36, who emigrated to the United States, in 1909
- A.J. Vierling, aged 57, who settled in America, in 1909
- Bradley Lewis Vierling (b. 1986), American NFL football center for the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Georg Vierling (1820-1901), German musician and composer
- Drs. Alfred Vierling (b. 1949), Dutch politician, Municipal Councillor in Schiedam (1990)
- Johann Gottfried Vierling (1750-1813), German organist and composer
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Conrad, Glenn R. The First Families of Louisiana. Baton Rouge LA: Claitor's Publishing, 1970. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
The Vierling Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Vierling Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 8 August 2012 at 07:26.
on orders of $85 or more