on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Vierling was first found in Normandy
(French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy
, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat
with lands and manor. The family were well established in the region of Calvados and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Vierville, Vierling, Vierfe, Vierves, Vierve, Vervier, Feherval and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Vierling research. Another 136 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1680, 1692, and 1729 are included under the topic Early Vierling History in all our PDF Extended History products
Another 28 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Vierling Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Vierling Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Charles Vierling, who arrived in Indiana in 1846
- Louis Vierling, aged 36, who emigrated to the United States, in 1892
- Gustav Vierling, aged 25, who settled in America, in 1893
- Emma Vierling, aged 68, landed in Baltimore, Maryland in 1893
- Franz Vierling, aged 50, who emigrated to the United States, in 1894
Vierling Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Augusta Vierling, aged 40, who emigrated to America from Paris, France, in 1907
- Louis Vierling, who landed in America, in 1908
- Mrs A.J. Vierling, aged 55, who settled in America, in 1909
- Mrs.A. Vierling, aged 36, who emigrated to the United States, in 1909
- A.J. Vierling, aged 57, who settled in America, in 1909
- Bradley Lewis Vierling (b. 1986), American NFL football center for the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Johann Gottfried Vierling (1750-1813), German organist and composer
- Drs. Alfred Vierling (b. 1949), Dutch politician, Municipal Councillor in Schiedam (1990)
- Georg Vierling (1820-1901), German musician and composer
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- de la Porte, A. Tresor Heraldique. Paris: F. Casterman, 1864. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Conrad, Glenn R. The First Families of Louisiana. Baton Rouge LA: Claitor's Publishing, 1970. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
The Vierling Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Vierling Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 8 August 2012 at 07:26.
on orders of $85 or more