Valadez History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The mountainous borders of Spain contain the origins of the prestigious surname Valadez. The earliest forms of hereditary surnames in Spain were the patronymic surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. Spanish patronymic names emerged as early as the mid-9th century and the most common patronymic suffix is ez. The patronyms were derived from a variety of given names that were of many different origins. Some names are derived from the saints of the Christian Church, but many Spanish surnames are derived from personal names of Germanic origin. The Visigoths, who ruled Spain between the mid-5th and early 8th centuries had a profound impact on the development of surnames.
Early Origins of the Valadez family
The surname Valadez was first found in Asturias, birthplace of the Christian Reconquest of Spain.
Early History of the Valadez family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Valadez research. Another 84 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1315, 1478, 1557, 1509, 1541, 1490, 1532, 1622 and 1690 are included under the topic Early Valadez History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Valadez Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Valdés, Valdes, Valdez and others.
Early Notables of the Valadez family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family Gonzalo Fernández de Oviedo y Valdés (1478-1557), a Spanish historian and writer, commonly known as "Oviedo"; Juan de Valdés (c. 1509-1541), Spanish writer and secretary to King Charles...
Another 34 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Valadez Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Valadez is the 2,953rd most popular surname with an estimated 9,948 people with that name. 
| Valadez migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Valadez Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Concepcion Valadez, aged 32, who settled in America from Mexico City, in 1919
- Heriberto Valadez, aged 16, who immigrated to the United States from Mexico City, Mexico, in 1919
- Herlinda Valadez, aged 34, who landed in America from Mexico City, in 1919
|Contemporary Notables of the name Valadez (post 1700) ||+|
- Ramón Valadez (b. 1990), Mexican American professional boxer in the Lightweight division
- Rebecca Valadez, American Latina singer and actress
- Ramón O. Valadez, American Democratic Party politician, Elected Arizona State House of Representatives 10th District 1998 
- Alberto Aguilera Valadez (1950-2016), better known by his stage name Juan Gabriel, a Mexican singer and songwriter
- Ismael Valadéz (b. 1985), Mexican football striker
- Raúl Anguiano Valadez (b. 1915), Mexican painter