on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Scottish Tulloch family come from? What is the Scottish Tulloch family crest and coat of arms? When did the Tulloch family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Tulloch family history?The Tulloch surname comes the name of a place called Tulloch, on the Firth of Cromarty. The place name comes from the Gaelic word "tulach," meaning a "hillock." Tulloch is classed as a habitation surname, as it derived from an existing place name.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tulloch, Tullo, Tulloh, Tullack, Tullagh and others.
First found in Ross-shire (Gaelic: Siorrachd Rois) a former county, now part of the Council Areas of Highland and Western Isles in Northern Scotland, which emerged from the Gaelic lordship of the Earl of Ross, where they held a family seat from very ancient times, whereas the Tullos variant is from the area of Torry, a suburb of Aberdeen and takes its name from the Vale of Tullos which lies between Tullos Hill and Torry Hill.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tulloch research. Another 231 words(16 lines of text) covering the years 1364, 1380, 1411, 1422, 1639, 1649, 1669, 1678, 1689, 1460, 1418, 1461, 1482, 1477, 1482, 1461, 1477, 1470 and 1482 are included under the topic Early Tulloch History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 91 words(6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Tulloch Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tulloch Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- John and Janet Tulloch, who arrived in Savannah, Georgia with their five children in 1775
- Andrew Tulloch, who settled in Philadelphia in 1799
Tulloch Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Charles Tulloch, who arrived in the Carolinas in 1808
Tulloch Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Patrick Tulloch, who arrived in Nova Scotia in 1801
- Patrick Tulloch, who landed in Nova Scotia in 1801
Tulloch Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Hugh Tulloch, aged 26, arrived in South Australia in 1854 aboard the ship "Marion"
Tulloch Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- William Tulloch, aged 26, a farm labourer, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Hudson" in 1879
- Stephen Michael Tulloch (b. 1985), American NFL football linebacker
- Elizabeth "Bitsie" Tulloch (b. 1981), American actress
- Miss Hannah Tulloch (d. 1915), American 2nd Class passenger from Kendall, USA, who sailed aboard the RMS Lusitania and died in the sinking
- John Tulloch (1823-1886), Scottish theologian
- Robert John Tulloch MBE (1929-1996), Scottish naturalist
- Mrs. Agnes Tulloch (d. 1915), Scottish 2nd Class passenger residing in Kendall, USA, who sailed aboard the RMS Lusitania and died in the sinking
- Mr. James Tulloch (d. 1915), Scottish 2nd Class passenger residing in Kendall, USA, who sailed aboard the RMS Lusitania and died in the sinking
- Lawrence Gideon "Lardie" Tulloch (1871-1955), Australian rules footballer
- Albert "Bert" Tulloch (1889-1953), English professional footballer
- Lee Ann Tulloch (b. 1954), Australian journalist and author
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Moody David. Scottish Family History. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1994. Print. (ISBN 0806312688).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
- Bloxham, Ben. Key to Parochial Registers of Scotland From Earliest Times Through 1854 2nd edition. Provo, UT: Stevenson's Genealogical Center, 1979. Print.
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Scotch Irish Pioneers In Ulster and America. Montana: Kessinger Publishing. Print.
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Bain, Robert. The Clans and Tartans of Scotland. Glasgow & London: Collins, 1968. Print. (ISBN 000411117-6).
The Tulloch Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Tulloch Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 November 2014 at 16:22.
on orders of $85 or more