Trivette History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Trivette family
The surname Trivette was first found in Somerset where one of the first records of the family was found in the year 1206 when Hugh Truet was recorded with estates in that shire.
Nicholas Trivet or Trevet (1258?-1328), was an early English historian, "the son of Sir Thomas Trevet (d. 1283), who, according to Leland, was of a Norfolk family; but more probably the Trevets were connected with Somerset. Thomas Trevet was a justice itinerant for Dorset and the neighbouring counties from 1268 to 1271. When Norwich Cathedral was burnt by rioters in August 1272, Trevet was sent to try the malefactors. " 
"For many successive descents the manor of Bridgewater, in Somersetshire, was held by the Trivets; and their arms (a trivet) appear on the coping of the ancient bridge which was completed by Sir Thomas Trivet in the time of Edward I. He was one of the Justices of the King, and Sir William Trivet was 'a person of some account in the court of Edward II.' Chilton-Trivet, a mile westwards from Bridgewater, belonged to them, but their principal seat was at Durborough, where they remained till 25 Henry VI." 
Early History of the Trivette family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Trivette research. Another 205 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1310, 1391, 1387, 1388, 1388, 1316 and 1348 are included under the topic Early Trivette History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Trivette Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Trivett, Trivitt, Treavitt, Treavett, Trevitt, Trevett, Triffit, Trifitt, Triffitt, Tryvett and many more.
Early Notables of the Trivette family (pre 1700)
Distinguished members of the family include Sir Thomas Trivet (d. 1388), was an English soldier, "a member of a Somerset family, to which Nicholas Trivet, the historian, and his father, Sir Thomas Trivet, the judge, probably belonged...
Another 36 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Trivette Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Trivette is the 12,500th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Migration of the Trivette family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: John, Fortune and George Trevett settled in Virginia from 1640 to 1665; Christian Trevett settled in Pennsylvania in 1738.
Contemporary Notables of the name Trivette (post 1700) +
- Alvin Lowell Trivette (b. 1940), known as A.L.T., a Mexican-American rapper
- E.J. Trivette (b. 1936), American retired NASCAR Winston Cup Series driver of 177 races
- Lonnie Trivette, American Republican politician, Candidate for West Virginia State House of Delegates from Logan County, 1962, 1964 
Related Stories +
- ^ Smith, George (ed), Dictionary of National Biography. London: Smith, Elder & Co., 1885-1900. Print
- ^ Cleveland, Dutchess of The Battle Abbey Roll with some Account of the Norman Lineages. London: John Murray, Abermarle Street, 1889. Print. Volume 3 of 3
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 9) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html