Tourneur History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Tourneur family
The surname Tourneur was first found in Languedoc, where this renowned family held a family seat since ancient times.
Early History of the Tourneur family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tourneur research. Another 255 words (18 lines of text) covering the years 1300, 1342, 1370, 1396, 1440, 1560, 1575, 1626, and 1789 are included under the topic Early Tourneur History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Tourneur Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tournier, Tourniez, Tournié, Tourniée, Tourniay, Turnier, Turniez, Turnié, Turniée, Turniay, Turney, Turnez, Tourney, Tournez, Tourniaie, Tourniais, Tourniait, Turniaie, Turniais, Tournierre, Tourniere, Turnierre, Turniere, Le Tournier, Le Tourniez, Le Tournié, La Tourniée, Le Tourniay, La Tournierre, La Tourniere, La Turnierre, La Turniere, Les Tournieres, Les Tournierres, Les Turnierres and many more.
Early Notables of the Tourneur family (pre 1700)
Another 46 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Tourneur Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In France, the name Tourneur is the 3,736th most popular surname with an estimated 1,500 - 2,000 people with that name. 
Tourneur migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tourneur Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jacobus Tourneur, who arrived in New York in 1710 
Contemporary Notables of the name Tourneur (post 1700) +
- François Louis Honoré Le Tourneur, French Brigadier General during the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars from 1789 to 1815 
- Jacques Tourneur (1904-1977), French film director
- Maurice Tourneur (1873-1961), French film producer, a former actor and a theatrical stage manager, whose works include "L'oiseau bleu" (1918) and "L'Ile des navires perdus" (1924), among others
Related Stories +
- ^ http://www.journaldesfemmes.com/nom-de-famille/nom/
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ Generals Who Served in the French Army during the Period 1789-1815. (Retrieved 2015, April 9) François Tourneur. Retrieved from http://www.napoleon-series.org/research/c_frenchgenerals.html