Origins Available: English
Early Origins of the Touche family
The surname Touche was first found in Rhine Valley, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat
with domains, estates and manors. The family were well established in the region of Strasburg north to the coast and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community and their religious activities. The La Touche family were from Blesois, between Blois and Orleans, of noble birth and possessing many estates. They were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.
Early History of the Touche family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Touche research.Another 118 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 179 and 1797 are included under the topic Early Touche History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Touche Spelling Variations
of this family name include: La Touche, Touche, La Touche, Le Touche, De la Touche, De Touche, LaTouche and many more.
Early Notables of the Touche family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Touche Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Touche family to Ireland
Some of the Touche family moved to Ireland
, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.Another 36 words (3 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Touche family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Touche Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jeanne Le Noble Touche, who settled in Louisiana in 1726
- Pierre Touche, who settled in Louisiana in 1756
Touche Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Julien La Touche, who settled in Quebec in 1665
- Roger La Touche, who settled in Quebec in 1665
Contemporary Notables of the name Touche (post 1700)
- Sir Eric MacLellan Touche (b. 1960), 3rd Baronet of Dorking in the County of Surrey, English peer
- Sir Rodney Gordon Touche (b. 1928), 2nd Baronet of Dorking in the County of Surrey, English peer
- Sir Anthony George Touche (b. 1927), 3rd Baronet of Westcott in the County of Surrey, an English peer
- Sir Norman George Touche (1888-1977), 2nd Baronet of Westcott in the County of Surrey, an English peer
- Sir Gordon Cosmo Touche (1895-1972), 1st Baronet of Dorking in the County of Surrey, a British barrister and politician, Chairman of Ways and Means (1959-1962), Deputy Speaker of the House of Commons
- Sir George Alexander Touche (1861-1935), 1st Baronet of Westcott in the County of Surrey, born George Alexander Touch, a Scottish-born peer, accountant and politician, co-founder of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
- Sir Rodney Touche, President of Make Believe Village, Alberta, Canada