Tipps History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Tipps family
The surname Tipps was first found in Lancashire where they held a family seat from very ancient times, some say before the Conquest in 1066.
Important Dates for the Tipps family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tipps research. Another 126 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1698, 1560, 1627, 1599, 1649, 1627, 1614, 1693, 1653, 1718, 1648, 1718, 1690 and 1776 are included under the topic Early Tipps History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Tipps Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tipping, Tippin, Tippyng, Tippynge, Tippinge, Tippen, Tippan, Tippang, Tippyn, Tiping, Tipyng, Typing, Typpen, Typpan, Typpin and many more.
Early Notables of the Tipps family (pre 1700)
Notables of the family at this time include Sir George Tipping (1560-1627) of Wheatfield, Oxfordshire.
William Tipping (1599-1649), was an English religious writer, nicknamed Eternity Tipping, second son of Sir George Tipping (d. 1627) of Wheatfield and Draycott, Oxfordshire. 
John Tipping of...
Another 40 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Tipps Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Tipps family to Ireland
Some of the Tipps family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.
Another 34 words (2 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Tipps migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Tipps Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Tipps Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Francis Tipps, who arrived in Maryland in 1650 
Contemporary Notables of the name Tipps (post 1700)
- Roy Tipps, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Tennessee, 2000
- Paul Tipps, American Democrat politician, Candidate for Presidential Elector for Ohio, 1972; Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Ohio, 1996, 2000, 2004
- Maynard Tipps, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Tennessee, 1940 (alternate), 1948 (alternate), 1952
- John Mark Tipps (b. 1961), American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Tennessee, 2004
You May Also Like
- ^ Smith, George (ed), Dictionary of National Biography. London: Smith, Elder & Co., 1885-1900. Print
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)