100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: English, Scottish
Where did the English Stimson family come from? What is the English Stimson family crest and coat of arms? When did the Stimson family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Stimson family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Stevenson, Stephenson, Stephinson, Stevenston, Steenson, Stenson, Steinson and many more.
First found in Northumberland where they held a family seat from very ancient times, some say before the Norman Conquest in 1066.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Stimson research. Another 249 words(18 lines of text) covering the years 1150, 1296, 1455, 1764, 1850, and 1894 are included under the topic Early Stimson History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 28 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Stimson Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Stimson family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 263 words(19 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Stimson Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- John Stimson, who landed in New England in 1645
Stimson Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- J Stimson, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1851
Stimson Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Augustus Stimson, aged 43, a labourer, arrived in South Australia in 1853 aboard the ship "Macedon"
- William Stimson, aged 51, a labourer, arrived in South Australia in 1860 aboard the ship "Grand Trianon"
- James Stimson, aged 14, a labourer, arrived in South Australia in 1860 aboard the ship "Grand Trianon"
- Robert Stimson, aged 12, arrived in South Australia in 1860 aboard the ship "Grand Trianon"
- Martha Stimson, aged 16, a servant, arrived in South Australia in 1860 aboard the ship "Grand Trianon"
- Henry Lewis Stimson (1867-1950), American statesman, lawyer and Republican Party politician
- Lewis Atterbury Stimson (1844-1917), American surgeon
- Charles Douglas "Cully" Stimson (b. 1963), former American career appointee at the Pentagon
- Carl Remus Stimson (1894-1936), American Major League Baseball relief pitcher
- Hugh McBirney Stimson (1931-2011), American sinologist and linguist
- Charlie Thomas F. Stimson (b. 1992), English footballer
- Frederic Jesup Stimson (1855-1943), United States Ambassador to Argentina 1915–1921
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds. Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
The Stimson Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Stimson Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 22 March 2015 at 22:47.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!