on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Stiltner family come from? What is the English Stiltner family crest and coat of arms? When did the Stiltner family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Stiltner family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Stille, Still, Stills, Stillie, Stylle and others.
First found in Wiltshire where they held a family seat from ancient times. The name originally Stille was a tenant in Wiltshire prior to the taking of the Domesday Book in 1086 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Stiltner research. Another 267 words(19 lines of text) covering the years 1300, 1451, 1511, 1543, 1577, 1591, 1593, and 1608 are included under the topic Early Stiltner History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 26 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Stiltner Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Stiltner Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Iris Stiltner, aged 0, who landed in America, in 1919
- Isabella Stiltner, aged 24, who settled in America, in 1919
- Ira Stiltner, American actor, best known for his role in The Big Chill
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
The Stiltner Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Stiltner Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 10 April 2012 at 20:28.
on orders of $85 or more