Stemple History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Stemple family
The surname Stemple was first found in Berkshire, but early records also show John de Stampes who was listed in the Pipe Rolls of the City of London (1191) and Sir Thomas Stampe who appeared in the Feet of Fines Rolls for Essex in 1424.
Early History of the Stemple family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Stemple research. Another 96 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1692, 1611 and 1653 are included under the topic Early Stemple History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Stemple Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Stamp, Stamps, Stampe, Stampes, Stamper and others.
Early Notables of the Stemple family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Stemple Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Stemple is the 12,313rd most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Stemple migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Stemple Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jacob Stemple, aged 40, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1732 
- Nicolas Stemple, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1732 
- Christian Stemple, who landed in Maryland in 1798 
Stemple Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Andrew Stemple, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1844 
Contemporary Notables of the name Stemple (post 1700) +
- Jane Yolin Stemple, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Massachusetts, 1972 
- Forest W. Stemple, American Democratic Party politician, Candidate for West Virginia State Senate 14th District, 1926 
- Donald L. Stemple, American Republican politician, Member of West Virginia State House of Delegates 28th District; Elected 1984 
- Dayton R. Stemple (b. 1900), American Republican politician, Member of West Virginia State Senate 15th District, 1947-62; Circuit Judge in West Virginia for the 19th Judicial Circuit, 1963 
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 9) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html