on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Stamey family come from? What is the English Stamey family crest and coat of arms? When did the Stamey family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Stamey family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Stammer, Stammers, Stamer, Stamers and others.
First found in Gloucestershire where they held a family seat from very ancient times, where they were recorded in the Domesday Book in 1086.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Stamey research. Another 235 words(17 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Stamey History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Stamey Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Stamey family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 185 words(13 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Ann Stamner who arrived in Virginia in 1650; Mary Stammers arrived in New York in 1823 with eight children; Thomas Stammer settled in Georgia in 1737 with his wife and child..
- Chris Stamey (b. 1954), American musician, singer, songwriter and record producer
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Virkus, Frederick A. Ed. Immigrant Ancestors A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America Before 1750. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1964. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Library of Congress. American and English Genealogies in the Library of Congress. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1967. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
The Stamey Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Stamey Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 21 September 2014 at 17:03.
on orders of $85 or more