on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Sprinkle family come from? What is the English Sprinkle family crest and coat of arms? When did the Sprinkle family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Sprinkle family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Springett, Springate, Springette, Springet and others.
First found in Sussex where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the 13th century when they held estates in that county.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Sprinkle research. Another 335 words(24 lines of text) covering the years 1455, 1487, 1510, 1600, 1621, and 1642 are included under the topic Early Sprinkle History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Sprinkle Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Sprinkle Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- William Sprinkle, aged 36, who emigrated to the United States, in 1908
- Peter Sprinkle, aged 35, who settled in America, in 1909
- Alma Sprinkle, aged 18, who landed in America, in 1911
- Charles Sprinkle, aged 28, who settled in America, in 1912
- Gladys Sprinkle, aged 23, who emigrated to the United States, in 1914
- Aaron Sprinkle, American musician, singer, songwriter, and record producer
- Jesse Sprinkle (b. 1976), American singer, songwriter, drummer, guitarist, and rapper
- Ronald Leo Sprinkle (b. 1930), American psychologist
- Edward Alexander Sprinkle (b. 1923), American football player
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
The Sprinkle Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Sprinkle Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 20 April 2013 at 00:23.
on orders of $85 or more