Sprinkle History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Sprinkle family
The surname Sprinkle was first found in various counties and shires throughout Britain but especially in Sussex and Kent. The name is a diminutive of "Spring," as in a nickname for a "lively young man."  One of the first records of the name was William Pringett who was listed in the Pipe Rolls of Warwickshire in 1193. The Subsidy Rolls of Sussex in 1296 lists William Springet.  The Hundredorum Rolls of 1273 list: Julian Springald and Walter Springaud in Oxfordshire; and Alan Springold in Cambridgeshire. 
Early History of the Sprinkle family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Sprinkle research. Another 150 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 1510, 1600, 1076, 1084, 1135, 1194, 1562, 1455, 1487, 1621, 1642, 1639, 1660, 1561, 1620 and 1617 are included under the topic Early Sprinkle History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Sprinkle Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Springett, Springate, Springette, Springet and others.
Early Notables of the Sprinkle family (pre 1700)
Distinguished members of the family include Sir Thomas Springett of Broyle, knighted 17th September 1639; and his son, Sir Herbert Springett, created a Baronet, at the Restoration in...
Another 27 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Sprinkle Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Sprinkle migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Sprinkle Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- William Sprinkle, aged 36, who immigrated to the United States, in 1908
- Peter Sprinkle, aged 35, who settled in America, in 1909
- Alma Sprinkle, aged 18, who landed in America, in 1911
- Charles Sprinkle, aged 28, who settled in America, in 1912
- Gladys Sprinkle, aged 23, who immigrated to the United States, in 1914
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Sprinkle (post 1700) +
- Edward Alexander Sprinkle (b. 1923), American football player
- Ronald Leo Sprinkle (b. 1930), American psychologist
- Jesse Sprinkle (b. 1976), American singer, songwriter, drummer, guitarist, and rapper
- Aaron Sprinkle, American musician, singer, songwriter, and record producer
- W. C. Sprinkle, American politician, Member of North Carolina State Senate 40th District, 1891-92 
- Marion Sprinkle, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Tennessee, 2008 
Related Stories +
- ^ Reaney, P.H and R.M. Wilson, A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X)
- ^ Bardsley, C.W, A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 27) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html