on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the English Sprinkle family come from? What is the English Sprinkle family crest and coat of arms? When did the Sprinkle family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Sprinkle family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Springett, Springate, Springette, Springet and others.
First found in various counties and shires throughout Britain but especially in Sussex and Kent. The name is a diminutive of "Spring," as in a nickname for a "lively young man."  One of the first records of the name was William Pringett who was listed in the Pipe Rolls of Warwickshire in 1193. The Subsidy Rolls of Sussex in 1296 lists William Springet.  The Hundredorum Rolls of 1273 list: Julian Springald and Walter Springaud in Oxfordshire; and Alan Springold in Cambridgeshire. 
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Sprinkle research. Another 299 words (21 lines of text) covering the years 1510, 1600, 1076, 1084, 1135, 1194, 1562, 1455, 1487, 1621, 1642, 1639 and 1660 are included under the topic Early Sprinkle History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 47 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Sprinkle Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Sprinkle Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- William Sprinkle, aged 36, who emigrated to the United States, in 1908
- Peter Sprinkle, aged 35, who settled in America, in 1909
- Alma Sprinkle, aged 18, who landed in America, in 1911
- Charles Sprinkle, aged 28, who settled in America, in 1912
- Gladys Sprinkle, aged 23, who emigrated to the United States, in 1914
- Edward Alexander Sprinkle (b. 1923), American football player
- Ronald Leo Sprinkle (b. 1930), American psychologist
- Jesse Sprinkle (b. 1976), American singer, songwriter, drummer, guitarist, and rapper
- Aaron Sprinkle, American musician, singer, songwriter, and record producer
- W. C. Sprinkle, American politician, Member of North Carolina State Senate 40th District, 1891-92
- Marion Sprinkle, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Tennessee, 2008
- ^ Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson, A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X)
- ^ Bardsley, C.W, A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6)
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Virkus, Frederick A. Ed. Immigrant Ancestors A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America Before 1750. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1964. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
The Sprinkle Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Sprinkle Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 27 October 2015 at 11:04.
on orders of $85 or more