on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Soper family come from? What is the English Soper family crest and coat of arms? When did the Soper family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Soper family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Soper, Souper, Soaper, Super and others.
First found in Devon where they held a family seat from very ancient times, as Lords of the manor of Woodlands, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Soper research. Another 277 words(20 lines of text) covering the years 1698 and 1732 are included under the topic Early Soper History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Soper Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Soper Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Greg Soper who arrived in Virginia in 1637
- Greg Soper, who landed in Virginia in 1637
- John Soper arrived in Barbados in 1660
- John Soper, who arrived in Maryland in 1676
Soper Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Elias Soper, who arrived in Virginia in 1701
- Thomas Soper settled in Cupid from Halifax, Yorkshire, in 1760
Soper Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- D. Soper arrived in New York in 1822
- Thomas Soper, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1847
- A C Soper, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1860
Soper Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Jonas Soper was the Captain of Cupid's, Newfoundland in 1824
Soper Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Edward Soper, English convict from Devon, who was transported aboard the "Argyle" on March 5th, 1831, settling in Van Diemen's Land, Austraila
- John Soper arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Caroline" in 1839
- Rebecca Soper arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Caroline" in 1839
- William Soper arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Forfarshire" in 1848
- Elizabeth Soper, aged 23, a housemaid, arrived in South Australia in 1854 aboard the ship "Hyderabad"
Soper Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Hannah Soper, aged 20, a servant, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "British Queen" in 1883
- Donald Oliver Soper (1903-1998), prominent Methodist minister, socialist and pacifist, became Baron Soper, of Kingsway in the London Borough of Camden and the first Methodist minister to sit in the House of Lords
- Tony Soper, English ornithologist, author and television presenter
- Dr. Frederick Soper, New Zealand University Chancellor
- Joseph Dewey Soper (1893-1982), Canadian Arctic explorer, zoologist, ornithologist, and prolific author
- The New Soper Compendium by Earl F. Soper.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
The Soper Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Soper Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 8 January 2015 at 12:49.
on orders of $85 or more