Siggins History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Siggins family
The surname Siggins was first found in Oxfordshire where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the year 1273 when Hugh Segin held estates in that shire.
Early History of the Siggins family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Siggins research. Another 92 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1455 and 1487 are included under the topic Early Siggins History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Siggins Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Siggin, Siggins, Sigins, Sigin and others.
Early Notables of the Siggins family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Siggins Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Siggins family to Ireland
Some of the Siggins family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.
Another 63 words (4 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Siggins migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Siggins Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Tho Siggins, aged 18, who landed in Virginia in 1635 
Siggins Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Michael Siggins, aged 25, who immigrated to the United States from Listowel, Ireland, in 1900
- Allice Siggins, aged 5, who settled in America from Ballymurray, Ireland, in 1908
- Walter Siggins, aged 32, who immigrated to America from Wexford, Ireland, in 1908
- Mrs. M Siggins, aged 30, who landed in America, in 1910
- Elizabeth Siggins, aged 24, who landed in America from Sligo, Ireland, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Siggins (post 1700) +
- Rose Siggins (1972-2015), stage name of Rose Marie Homan, American actress, best known for her portrayal of Legless Suzi on American Horror Story: Freak Show
- John Allan Edward "Jack" Siggins (1909-1995), Irish rugby union player
- Maggie Siggins (b. 1942), Canadian journalist and writer, recipient of the 1992 Governor General's Award for Literary Merit
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)