Seeds History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Seeds family
The surname Seeds was first found in Lancashire where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the 13th century when they held estates in that shire.
Early History of the Seeds family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Seeds research. Another 137 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1510, 1600, 1455, 1487, 1700, 1747, 1707, 1722, 1732, 1741, 1747, 1172 and are included under the topic Early Seeds History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Seeds Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Seeds, Seed, Sead, Sede, Sedes, Seades, Seet, Seetes, Seates, Cedes and many more.
Early Notables of the Seeds family (pre 1700)
Distinguished members of the family include Jeremiah Seed (1700-1747), English divine, son of Jeremiah Seed, rector of Clifton, Westmorland, from 1707 until his death in 1722. Jeremiah, the Younger was chosen a Fellow of Jesus College, Cambridge in 1732...
Another 38 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Seeds Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Seeds family to Ireland
Some of the Seeds family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.
Another 102 words (7 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Seeds migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Seeds Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Hendrick Seeds, aged 28, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1739 
- Hendrick, Seeds Jr., aged 28, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1739 
Seeds Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- James Seeds, who landed in America in 1806 
- John Seeds, aged 23, who arrived in New York in 1812 
- Moses Seeds, aged 20, who arrived in New York in 1812 
- William Seeds, who arrived in New York, NY in 1816 
- M Seeds, who landed in New York, NY in 1817 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Seeds (post 1700) +
- Stacy Seeds, American costume and wardrobe specialits, known for her work on Lethal Weapon 4 and Universal Soldier (1992)
- Wesley Seeds (1980-1981), American Visual Effects artist, known for his work on Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back and Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)