Early Origins of the Scollon family
The surname Scollon was first found in Lancashire
where they held a family seat
as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the year 1332 when Adam Scoler held estates in Lancashire
and John de Scolay held estates in Yorkshire
Early History of the Scollon family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Scollon research.Another 257 words (18 lines of text) covering the years 1455 and 1487 are included under the topic Early Scollon History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Scollon Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Scollard, Scollart, Scollert, Scollerd, Scouler, Scoular, Scouller, Scolley, Scoulley, Scholley, Scholey, Scholar and many more.
Early Notables of the Scollon family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Scollon Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Scollon family to Ireland
Some of the Scollon family moved to Ireland
, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.Another 145 words (10 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Scollon family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Scollon Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Thomas Scollon, who settled in America sometime between 1829 and 1892
- Eliz Ann Rinn Scollon, who arrived in America sometime between 1829 and 1892
- Catherine Scollon, who settled in Philadelphia in 1849
- Mary Scollon, who arrived in New York in 1860
- Patrick Scollon, who settled in Philadelphia in 1868
Scollon Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- John Scollon, who arrived in Quebec in 1847
Contemporary Notables of the name Scollon (post 1700)
- Richard Scollon, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from South Dakota, 1996 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 13) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html