on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Runnels family come from? What is the French Runnels family crest and coat of arms? When did the Runnels family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Runnels family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Rond, Ronde, Lerond, Lerondel, Roneau, Rondel, Lerondeau, Rondeau, Rondelet, Rondelleux, Rondelot, Rondet, Rondot, Rondou, Rondier, Rundle, Runnall, Redonet, Redonin and many more.
First found in Normandy (French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat with lands and manor. The family were well established in the region of Calvados and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.They were shown as nobility of the Norman by the Duchesne rolls during the Conquest. William Rundel of Oxfordshire after Hastings had several domains held to 1150 and also held in Normandy.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Runnels research. Another 95 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Runnels History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Runnels Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Runnels Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- George Runnels, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1850
- D Runnels, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1851
- Joe Runnels Jr., American politician, Mayor of Orange, Texas, 1955; Independent Candidate for U.S. Representative from Texas 2nd District, 1970
- Joan Runnels, American Republican politician, Chair of Lake County Republican Party, 2007; Delegate to Republican National Convention from Michigan, 2008
- J. L. Runnels, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Texas, 1972
- Howell W. Runnels, American politician, Member of Mississippi territorial House of Representatives, 1813; Member Mississippi territorial council, 1814
- Hiram George Runnels (1796-1857), American politician, Delegate to Texas State Constitutional Convention, 1845
- Herbert W. Runnels, American Republican politician, Circuit Judge in Michigan 11th Circuit, 1928-53; Defeated, 1953
- Harold Lowell Runnels (1924-1980), American Democrat politician, Member of New Mexico State Senate, 1960-70; U.S. Representative from New Mexico 2nd District, 1971-80
- Hardin Richard Runnels (1820-1873), American Democrat politician, Lieutenant Governor of Texas, 1855-57; Governor of Texas, 1857-59; Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Texas, 1860
- H. W. Runnels, American politician, Mayor of Texarkana, Texas, 1912-18
- John S. Runnels, American politician, U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Iowa, 1882-85
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Conrad, Glenn R. The First Families of Louisiana. Baton Rouge LA: Claitor's Publishing, 1970. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
The Runnels Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Runnels Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 9 November 2015 at 11:44.
on orders of $85 or more