Runnels History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Runnels family
The surname Runnels was first found in Normandy (French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat with lands and manor. The family were well established in the region of Calvados and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.They were shown as nobility of the Norman by the Duchesne rolls during the Conquest. William Rundel of Oxfordshire after Hastings had several domains held to 1150 and also held in Normandy.
Early History of the Runnels family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Runnels research. Another 50 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Runnels History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Runnels Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Rond, Ronde, Lerond, Lerondel, Roneau, Rondel, Lerondeau, Rondeau, Rondelet, Rondelleux, Rondelot, Rondet, Rondot, Rondou, Rondier, Rundle, Runnall, Redonet, Redonin and many more.
Early Notables of the Runnels family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Runnels Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Runnels migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Runnels Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- George Runnels, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1850 
- D Runnels, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1851 
Contemporary Notables of the name Runnels (post 1700) +
- Terri Lynne Boatright Runnels (b. 1966), American retired professional wrestling manager, television host, and occasional professional wrestler from Live Oak, Florida
- Joe Runnels Jr., American politician, Mayor of Orange, Texas, 1955; Independent Candidate for U.S. Representative from Texas 2nd District, 1970 
- Joan Runnels, American Republican politician, Chair of Lake County Republican Party, 2007; Delegate to Republican National Convention from Michigan, 2008 
- J. L. Runnels, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Texas, 1972 
- Howell W. Runnels, American politician, Member of Mississippi territorial House of Representatives, 1813; Member Mississippi territorial council, 1814 
- Hiram George Runnels (1796-1857), American politician, Delegate to Texas State Constitutional Convention, 1845 
- Herbert W. Runnels, American Republican politician, Circuit Judge in Michigan 11th Circuit, 1928-53; Defeated, 1953 
- Harold Lowell Runnels (1924-1980), American Democrat politician, Member of New Mexico State Senate, 1960-70; U.S. Representative from New Mexico 2nd District, 1971-80 
- Hardin Richard Runnels (1820-1873), American Democrat politician, Lieutenant Governor of Texas, 1855-57; Governor of Texas, 1857-59; Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Texas, 1860 
- H. W. Runnels, American politician, Mayor of Texarkana, Texas, 1912-18 
- ... (Another 5 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 9) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html