Rodel History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Rodel family
The surname Rodel was first found in Languedoc, where the family has held a family seat since very early times.
Early History of the Rodel family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Rodel research. Another 217 words (16 lines of text) covering the years 1271, 1507, and 1784 are included under the topic Early Rodel History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Rodel Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Rodez, Roder, Rodaiz, Rodais, Rodet, Rauddez, Rauder, Raudet and many more.
Early Notables of the Rodel family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Rodel Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Rodel migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Rodel Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- J Leonard Rodel, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1773 
- Georg Jacob Rodel, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1787 
Contemporary Notables of the name Rodel (post 1700) +
- Gustav Rödel, German fighter pilot and flying ace in the Luftwaffe, during World War II, credited with 98 aerial victories, awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross
- Rodel Bryan Generalao Mayol (b. 1981), Filipino professional boxer, former WBC Light Flyweight World Champion
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)