Risk History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Risk family
The surname Risk was first found in Perthshire (Gaelic: Siorrachd Pheairt) former county in the present day Council Area of Perth and Kinross, located in central Scotland, where they held a family seat from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Scotland to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
Early History of the Risk family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Risk research. Another 115 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1296 and 1306 are included under the topic Early Risk History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Risk Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Rusk, Ruskie, Ruskyn, Rusken, Ruskin, Rusky and others.
Early Notables of the Risk family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Risk Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Risk is the 16,754th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Risk migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Risk Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Risk, aged 30, who landed in Maryland in 1813 
- M Risk, aged 35, who arrived in America in 1822 
- Robert Risk, aged 40, who landed in America in 1822 
- David Risk, who landed in Maryland in 1830 
- James Risk, who arrived in New York in 1830 
Risk migration to Australia +
Emigration to Australia
followed the First Fleets
of convicts, tradespeople and early settlers. Early immigrants include:
Risk Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Stephen Risk, who arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Salacia" in 1850 
- Samuel Risk, aged 27, a labourer, who arrived in South Australia in 1855 aboard the ship "Lismoyne"
Contemporary Notables of the name Risk (post 1700) +
Historic Events for the Risk family +
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ State Records of South Australia. (Retrieved 2010, November 5) SALACIA 1850. Retrieved http://www.slsa.sa.gov.au/BSA/1850Salacia.gif
- ^ HMS Prince of Wales Crew members. (Retrieved 2014, April 9) . Retrieved from http://www.forcez-survivors.org.uk/biographies/listprincecrew.html