on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Ramey family come from? What is the French Ramey family crest and coat of arms? When did the Ramey family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Ramey family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Laramée, Laramee, Laramey, Laramy, Ramée, Ramee and many more.
First found in Forez, a former province of France, now part of the modern Loire département, the Haute-Loire and Puy-de-Dôme départements, where this distinguished family held a family seat from ancient times, and were important members of the aristocracy.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ramey research. Another 283 words(20 lines of text) covering the years 1717, 1789, 1515 and 1572 are included under the topic Early Ramey History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 63 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ramey Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ramey Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Pierre Ramey, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1754
Ramey Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- William Ramey settled in San Francisco, California in 1866
- Samuel Edward Ramey (b. 1942), American operatic bass
- Gene Ramey (1913-1984), American jazz double bassist
- Phillip Ramey (b. 1939), American composer, pianist, and writer on music
- Venus Ramey (b. 1924), Miss America in 1944
- Wanda Ramey (1924-2009), pioneering American television news reporter
- Nancy Jane Ramey (b. 1940), former American swimmer
- Horace Patton Ramey (1885-1974), American Olympic athlete
- Harry "Randy" Ramey Jr. (b. 1962), Republican member of the Illinois House of Representatives
- Louis Ramey, American stand-up comedian
- Homer Alonzo Ramey (1891-1960), U.S. Representative from Ohio
- Robert Ryburn and Martha Ramey by Loubeth Ramey Hames.
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- de la Porte, A. Tresor Heraldique. Paris: F. Casterman, 1864. Print.
The Ramey Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Ramey Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 February 2015 at 19:19.
on orders of $85 or more