100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Rambo family come from? What is the French Rambo family crest and coat of arms? When did the Rambo family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Rambo family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Raimbaud, Raimbaudière, Rambaudière, Raimbault, Rimbaud, Rambaud, Rambault, Rambauld, Rimbault, Raimbert, Rimbert, Rambert, Raimbourg, Rambourg, Rimbourg, Rambevaulx, Reimbault, Reimbaut, Reimbaud, Reimbert, Reimbold, Reinbold, Rembaud, Rembert, Rames, Raimes, Raime, Raimbaugh, Rainbow, Rambow and many more.
First found in Brittany, originally Armorica in ancient times, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat with lands and manor. The family were well established in the region of Dol and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility. Roger of Rames, a Norman Baron, took his name from the castle of Rames in Bolbec, near Havre in Normandy joined William the Conqueror at Hastings and was granted considerable estates in Essex and Suffolk in England. Saint Rimbert (or Rembert) (830-888), born in Flanders, was Archbishop of Bremen-Hamburg from 865-888.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Rambo research. Another 165 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 1810 and 1849 are included under the topic Early Rambo History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Rambo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Rambo Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Johan Rambo, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1627
- Brita Mattson Rambo, who landed in Delaware in 1641
- Gunnar Rambo, who arrived in Delaware in 1693
- Peter Gunnasson Rambo (1612-1698), Swedish immigrant to New Sweden in 1693, eponym of Rambo's Rock along the Schuylkill River
- Anders Rambo, who arrived in Delaware in 1693
- Rodney Rambo (b. 1975), retired American soccer midfielder
- Ken-Yon Rambo (b. 1978), American-born, professional American and Canadian football wide receiver, two-time Grey Cup champion (2008, 2012)
- Bacarri Jamon Rambo (b. 1990), American NFL football safety for the Washington Redskins
- Willard Lloyd Rambo (1917-1984), American politician, Louisiana State Senator (1964-1968)
- David Rambo (b. 1955), American writer, actor and producer
- Dack Rambo (1941-1994), stage name of Norman Jay Rambeau, an American actor, best known for his role as Walter Brennan's grandson Jeff in the ABC series The Guns of Will Sonnett, and as Grant Harrison on the NBC soap opera Another World
- Dottie Rambo (1934-2008), American Grammy and multiple Dove Award-winning gospel singer and songwriter
- José Ricardo Rambo (b. 1971), Brazilian football former manager of Rangers
- The Rambo Family Tree by Beverly J. Rambo.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore. Print.
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
The Rambo Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Rambo Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 17 June 2015 at 08:10.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!