100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: Spanish, Spanish
Where did the Spanish Poncedeleon family come from? What is the Spanish Poncedeleon family crest and coat of arms? When did the Poncedeleon family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Poncedeleon family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Leon, Leoni, Leone, Leonelli, Leonetti, Leonie and many more.
First found in Leon, where the name originated in Visigothic times. One of the first records of the surname was Moses de León (c. 1250-1305), a Spanish rabbi and Kabbalist who is thought of as the composer or redactor of the Zohar. And much later, most people know of Juan Ponce de León (1474-1521), the Spanish explorer and conquistador and his association with the legend of the Fountain of Youth.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Poncedeleon research. Another 333 words(24 lines of text) covering the years 1509, 1590, 1549, 1533, 1608, 1474, 1521, 1524, 1591, 1520, 1584, 1527, 1591, 1602, 1658, 1610, 1687, 1749 and 1830 are included under the topic Early Poncedeleon History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 231 words(16 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Poncedeleon Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Poncedeleon Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Ricardo Ponce de Leon, aged 50, who landed in America, in 1893
- W. Ponce de Leon, aged 56, who emigrated to the United States, in 1893
Poncedeleon Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Leon Ponce de Leon, aged 40, who landed in America from Santiago, in 1905
- Pilar Ponce de Leon, aged 40, who landed in America from Escotado, Cuba, in 1909
- Antonia Ponce de Leon, aged 60, who settled in America from Havana, Cuba, in 1909
- Dolores Ponce de Leon, aged 22, who landed in America from Barcelona, Spain, in 1910
- Pilar Ponce de Leon, aged 40, who emigrated to America from Havana, Cuba, in 1910
- Diego de Alvear y Ponce de León (1749-1830), Spanish military commander and politician
- Fernando Ponce de León (1917-1998), Colombian writer
- Patricio Ponce de León (1919-2010), Cuban mycologist
- Daniel Ponce de León (b. 1980), Mexican boxer
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
The Poncedeleon Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Poncedeleon Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 25 November 2014 at 08:21.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!