Perine History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The prominent surname Perine originated in France, a country which has been a dominant presence in world affairs for centuries.The earliest forms of hereditary surnames in France were the patronymic surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name.The patronyms were derived from a variety of given names that were of many different origins. As well as the names of the saints of the Christian Church, many of the most common French surnames are derived from personal names of Germanic origin.They derive from the language of the Visigoths, who controlled France between the mid-5th and early 8th centuries. The name Perine is derived, from the French name Pierre, meaning rock.
Early Origins of the Perine family
The surname Perine was first found in Lorraine where this eminent family held a family seat in the seigneurie of Jalaucort, and where they were elevated to the nobility in 1514.
Important Dates for the Perine family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Perine research. Another 116 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1789 and 1807 are included under the topic Early Perine History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Perine Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Perrin, Perin, Perrine, Perine, Perrion, De Perrin and many more.
Early Notables of the Perine family (pre 1700)
Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Perine Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Perine migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Perine Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Ursula Perine, who arrived in Virginia in 1651 
Perine Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Perine, aged 24, who landed in New York in 1812 
Contemporary Notables of the name Perine (post 1700)
- Joseph Perine, American politician, Presidential Elector for New York, 1812 
- Howard Perine, American Republican politician, Candidate for West Virginia commissioner of agriculture, 1960 
- Henry Perine (1768-1860), American politician, Member of New York State Assembly from Richmond County, 1824 
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 17) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html