on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: English, French, Polish
Where did the English Pack family come from? When did the Pack family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Pack family history?The English name Pack derives from a medieval personal name, Pack, which may have originally come from an Old English personal and place name Pacca, of uncertain origins.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Packe, Pack, Packham and others.
First found in Sussex where they held a family seat from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects. The first on record appears to be Jon Pac on record in 1190 in Bury St. Edmonds, Suffolk.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Pack research. Another 185 words(13 lines of text) covering the years 1654, 1654, 1694, 1689 and 1700 are included under the topic Early Pack History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 69 words(5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Pack Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Pack Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Stephen Pack, aged 22, settled in Virginia in 1635
- Steven Pack, who settled in Virginia in 1635
- Steven Pack settled in Virginia in 1635
- Steephen Pack, aged 22, arrived in Virginia in 1635
- Christ Pack settled in Virginia in 1642
Pack Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jacob Pack, who landed in New York in 1709
- Beate Lowis Pack, aged 28, settled in Virginia in 1773
Pack Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Pack, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1854
- Gustave Pack settled in Philadelphia in 1874
- Nicholas Pack, who landed in Arkansas in 1884
Pack Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Mary Pack arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Nimroud" in 1860
- Robert John Pack (b. 1969), American former professional basketball player
- David Pack (b. 1952), American musician
- Captain Stanley Walter Croucher Pack, English commander and author
- Roger Lloyd Pack (1944-2014), English actor, best known for his roles in Vicar of Dibley (1994-2013) and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)
- Charles Lloyd Pack (1902-1983), British film, television and stage actor
- Alexander Stewart, his Scots Ancestry and American Descendants by Dorothy Kintigh Sidfrid.
- Descendants of Richard Pack of Maryland 1764-1991 by Miriam Young Pack.
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
This page was last modified on 4 March 2014 at 11:47.
on orders of $85 or more