Early Origins of the Oren family
The surname Oren was first found in Aberdeenshire
(Gaelic: Siorrachd Obar Dheathain), a historic county, and present day Council Area of Aberdeen, located in the Grampian region of northeastern Scotland
, where they held a family seat
in their territories. The Pictish influence on Scottish history diminished after Kenneth Macalpine became King of all Scotland
. But those east coast families still played an important role in government and were more accessible to Government than their western highland counterparts. Allegiances were important to Scottish middle age survival. Later they held a family seat in the parish Kennay and Henry Owrum was elected a councillor of Aberdeen in 1479.
Early History of the Oren family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Oren research.Another 185 words (13 lines of text) covering the years 1633, 1694, 1722, 1725 and 1745 are included under the topic Early Oren History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Oren Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Orem, Orme, Orrem, Orum, Orun, Orumm, Oramm, Orunn, Orenn, Oren, Oram and many more.
Early Notables of the Oren family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Oren Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Oren family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Oren Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Anne J. Oren, aged 21, who emigrated to the United States, in 1892
- J. Oren, aged 52, who landed in America from New Cumberland, in 1892
- John P Oren, aged 21, who settled in America, in 1892
- John Oren, aged 5, who emigrated to the United States, in 1893
- A. Oren, aged 37, who emigrated to America, in 1893
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Oren Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Margareth Oren, aged 30, who emigrated to the United States, in 1907
- Anna Oren, who landed in America, in 1909
Contemporary Notables of the name Oren (post 1700)
- Michael B. Oren (b. 1955), American-born Israeli historian and author