Ollier History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Ollier family
The surname Ollier was first found in Languedoc where this noble family held a family seat since ancient times.
Important Dates for the Ollier family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ollier research. Another 254 words (18 lines of text) covering the years 1431, 1437, 1462, 1513, 1556, 1608, 1627, 1657, 1745, 1800, and 1832 are included under the topic Early Ollier History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ollier Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ollier, Ollié, Olliez, Olliait, Olliaies, Olliais, Ollyer, Ollyé, Ollyez, Ollyait, Ollyaies, Ollyais, Olier, Olié, Oliez, Oliait, Oliaies, Oliais, Olyer, Olyé, Olyez, Olyait, Olyaies and many more.
Early Notables of the Ollier family (pre 1700)
Another 50 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ollier Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ollier migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ollier Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jane Ollier, who settled in Charles Town, South Carolina in 1737
- Ponz Ollier, who settled in Charles Town, South Carolina in 1737
Contemporary Notables of the name Ollier (post 1700)
- Patrick Ollier (b. 1944), French politician, President of the National Assembly in 2007, Minister for Relationships with Parliament (2010-2012)
- Claude Ollier (1922-2014), French writer in the nouveau roman literary movement
- Léopold Ollier (1830-1900), French pioneer of bone and joint surgery, known as the "Father of orthopaedic surgery," discoverer of Ollier disease, a rare nonhereditary sporadic disorder
- Charly Ollier (b. 1985), French professional football player
- Charles Ollier (1788-1859), English publisher and author, friend and business associate of Percy Bysshe Shelley and John Keats
- Edmund Ollier (1827-1886), English journalist and author, son of Charles Ollier
- Cliff Ollier (b. 1931), Australian geologist, geomorphologist, soil scientist, emeritus professor and honorary research fellow, at the School of Earth and Geographical Sciences University of Western Australia