on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: Czech
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Novak Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Jon Novak, who arrived in Texas in 1850-1906
- Kuzma Novak, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1850-1865
- Johann Novak, age 24, who arrived on a ship in Baltimore in 1874
- Franz Novak, who was on a list of passengers, who arrived in New York in 1882
- Adolf Novak, who arrived in New York in 1886
Novak Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- John Novak, who landed in Galveston, Tex in 1901
- Adam Novak, aged 0, who emigrated to the United States, in 1902
- Agnes Novak, aged 28, who emigrated to the United States from Kissaros, Hungary, in 1907
- Agnes Novak, aged 27, who landed in America from Bremen, Germany, in 1908
- Adam Novak, aged 25, who landed in America from Lofalu, Hungary, in 1908
- Michael D. Novak (1915-1978), American basketball player who played in the NBL, BAA, and NBA
- Lawrence R. "Larry" Novak (b. 1933), American jazz pianist
- Eva Barbara Novak (1898-1988), American film actress
- Jane Novak (1896-1990), American silent film actress
- Steve Novak (b. 1983), American professional basketball player
- Cathy Novak, American politician, Mayor of Morro Bay, California, 1998
- B. G. Novak (b. 1887), American politician, Member of Minnesota State House of Representatives 38th District, 1915-18
- Alexander Novak, American Democrat politician, Candidate in primary for Michigan State Senate 2nd District, 1950
- Albert J. Novak, American Republican politician, Candidate in primary for U.S. Representative from Michigan 4th District, 1932
- Alan Novak, American Republican politician, Pennsylvania Republican State Chair, 2000; Delegate to Republican National Convention from Pennsylvania, 2000
- The Family of Vaclav Sobotka and Ann Novak in America by Margie Sobotka.
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
The Novak Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Novak Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 20 June 2016 at 10:41.
on orders of $85 or more