on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Irish Normoyle family come from? What is the Irish Normoyle family crest and coat of arms? When did the Normoyle family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Normoyle family history?The surname Normoyle comes from the original Irish Mac Confhormaoile, meaning hound of Fermoyle. Formaoil is the obsolete name of a castle which was once located in County Clare.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Normoyle, Normile, MacNormoyle and others.
First found in County Clare (Irish: An Clįr) located on the west coast of Ireland in the province of Munster, the place with which the name is most closely associated.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Normoyle research. Another 29 words (2 lines of text) covering the years 160 and 1603 are included under the topic Early Normoyle History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Normoyle Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Normoyle Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Mary Normoyle, who settled in New Orleans in 1847
- John Brown Normoyle, who arrived in New Orleans in 1847
- Michael Normoyle, who settled in New York in 1853
- James Brown Normoyle, who came to Detroit in 1855
- Patrick Normoyle, who settled in New York in 1860
Normoyle Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Denis Normoyle, aged 26, who landed in America from Caskemahon Ireland, in 1908
- Maria Normoyle, aged 26, who emigrated to the United States from Ennistymon, Ireland, in 1909
- Mary Normoyle, aged 22, who emigrated to America from Killard, Ireland, in 1912
- Michael Normoyle, aged 18, who landed in America from Kilmihill, Ireland, in 1912
- Nora Normoyle, aged 22, who emigrated to the United States from Ardare, Ireland, in 1912
Normoyle Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Catherine Normoyle, Irish convict from Limerick, who was transported aboard the "Arabian" in November 22nd, 1846, settling in Van Diemen's Land, Austraila
- Land Owners in Ireland. Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1203-3).
- Fitzgerald, Thomas W. Ireland and Her People A Library of Irish Biography 5 Volumes. Chicago: Fitzgerald. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- MacLysaght, Edward. The Surnames of Ireland 3rd Edition. Dublin: Irish Academic, 1978. Print. (ISBN 0-7165-2278-0).
- McDonnell, Frances. Emigrants from Ireland to America 1735-1743 A Transcription of the report of the Irish House of Commons into Enforced emigration to America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1331-5).
- Grehan, Ida. Dictionary of Irish Family Names. Boulder: Roberts Rinehart, 1997. Print. (ISBN 1-57098-137-X).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of Ireland. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1969. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
The Normoyle Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Normoyle Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 8 January 2015 at 12:49.
on orders of $85 or more