on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Irish Normoyle family come from? What is the Irish Normoyle family crest and coat of arms? When did the Normoyle family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Normoyle family history?The surname Normoyle comes from the original Irish Mac Confhormaoile, meaning hound of Fermoyle. Formaoil is the obsolete name of a castle which was once located in County Clare.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Normoyle, Normile, MacNormoyle and others.
First found in County Clare (Irish: An Clįr) located on the west coast of Ireland in the province of Munster, the place with which the name is most closely associated.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Normoyle research. Another 29 words(2 lines of text) covering the years 160 and 1603 are included under the topic Early Normoyle History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Normoyle Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Normoyle Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Mary Normoyle, who settled in New Orleans in 1847
- John Brown Normoyle, who arrived in New Orleans in 1847
- Michael Normoyle, who settled in New York in 1853
- James Brown Normoyle, who came to Detroit in 1855
- Patrick Normoyle, who settled in New York in 1860
Normoyle Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Denis Normoyle, aged 26, who landed in America from Caskemahon Ireland, in 1908
- Maria Normoyle, aged 26, who emigrated to the United States from Ennistymon, Ireland, in 1909
- Mary Normoyle, aged 22, who emigrated to America from Killard, Ireland, in 1912
- Michael Normoyle, aged 18, who landed in America from Kilmihill, Ireland, in 1912
- Nora Normoyle, aged 22, who emigrated to the United States from Ardare, Ireland, in 1912
Normoyle Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Catherine Normoyle, Irish convict from Limerick, who was transported aboard the "Arabian" in November 22nd, 1846, settling in Van Diemen's Land, Austraila
- Read, Charles Anderson. The Cabinet of Irish Literature Selections from the Works of the Chief Poets, Orators and Prose Writers of Ireland 4 Volumes. London: Blackie and Son, 1884. Print.
- Johnson, Daniel F. Irish Emigration to New England Through the Port of Saint John, New Brunswick Canada 1841-1849. Baltimore, Maryland: Clearfield, 1996. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Donovan, George Francis. The Pre-Revolutionary Irish in Massachusetts 1620-1775. Menasha, WI: Geroge Banta Publsihing Co., 1932. Print.
- Bowman, George Ernest. The Mayflower Reader A Selection of Articales from The Mayflower Descendent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Leyburn, James Graham. The Scotch-Irish A Social History. Chapel Hill: UNC Press, 1962. Print. (ISBN 0807842591).
The Normoyle Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Normoyle Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 8 January 2015 at 12:49.
on orders of $85 or more