Mountcastle History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Mountcastle family
The surname Mountcastle was first found in Peeblesshire (Gaelic: Siorrachd nam Pùballan), former county in South-central Scotland, in the present day Scottish Borders Council Area, where they held a family seat from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Scotland to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
Early History of the Mountcastle family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mountcastle research. Another 86 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1291 and 1661 are included under the topic Early Mountcastle History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mountcastle Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Mount, Mont and others.
Early Notables of the Mountcastle family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Mountcastle Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Mountcastle migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Mountcastle Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Malcolm Mountcastle, aged 24, who immigrated to the United States from Liverpool, in 1904
- Mountcastle, who landed in America from Gainsboro, England, in 1907
- George Mountcastle, aged 17, who settled in America from Gainsboro, England, in 1907
- Leila Mary Mountcastle, aged 56, who landed in America from Sydney, Australia, in 1920
|Contemporary Notables of the name Mountcastle (post 1700) ||+|
- Vernon Benjamin Mountcastle (b. 1918), former American neuroscientist from Johns Hopkins University
- Robert Edward Lee Mountcastle (1865-1913), American member of the Republican National Committee
- R. M. Mountcastle, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Oklahoma, 1928 
- Mrs. R. E. L. Mountcastle, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Tennessee, 1924 (alternate), 1936 (alternate), 1940 
- R. E. L. Mountcastle, American Democratic Party politician, Member of Democratic National Committee from Tennessee, 1912