Mollohan History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Mollohan family
The surname Mollohan was first found in at Dartington, in Devon, as well as twenty-nine other lordships throughout England. William of Moulins, Sire de Falaise, Lord of Moulins in 1030, in Normandy, uncle of William the Conqueror, was granted many lands by King William. Today Molland is a civil parish and small village in the union and hundred of South Molton comprising 5972 acres.
Further north in Lancashire at Literthland, "Stephen, Earl of Boulogne, who afterwards succeeded to the crown of England, granted to Robert de Molines his land in "Liderlant," for 14s. per annum." 
Again in Lancashire, the latter source that "[Melling cum Cunscough] appears to have been part of the tract of land granted by Roger de Poictou to Vivian de Molines; for the son of the latter, Sir Adam de Molines, gave in free and pure alms to the church of St. Mary, of Cockersand, certain acres of land in Melling and Cunscough." 
Early History of the Mollohan family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mollohan research. Another 97 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1423, 1617 and 1592 are included under the topic Early Mollohan History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mollohan Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Mollins, Molyne, Molin, Moilines, Moullin, Moulins and many more.
Early Notables of the Mollohan family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Mollohan Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Mollohan family to Ireland
Some of the Mollohan family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. More information about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Mollohan family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: William Molline, who settled in Virginia in 1653; John Molin, who settled in Placientia, Newfoundland, in 1681; George Mollins settled in Barbados in 1685.
Contemporary Notables of the name Mollohan (post 1700) +
- Robert Homer Mollohan (1909-1999), American Democratic Party politician, U.S. Representative from West Virginia 1st District, 1953-57, 1969-83; Defeated, 1958; Candidate for Governor of West Virginia, 1956 
- Jettes Mollohan, American Democratic Party politician, Chair of Nicholas County Democratic Party, 1917; Member of West Virginia State House of Delegates from Nicholas County, 1919-20 
- Alan Bowlby Mollohan (b. 1943), American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from West Virginia, 1968, 1972, 1976, 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008; U.S. Representative from West Virginia 1st District, 1983- 
Related Stories +
- ^ Lewis, Samuel, A Topographical Dictionary of England. Institute of Historical Research, 1848, Print.
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 19) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html