Mollan History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Mollan family
The surname Mollan was first found in at Dartington, in Devon, as well as twenty-nine other lordships throughout England. William of Moulins, Sire de Falaise, Lord of Moulins in 1030, in Normandy, uncle of William the Conqueror, was granted many lands by King William. Today Molland is a civil parish and small village in the union and hundred of South Molton comprising 5972 acres.
Further north in Lancashire at Literthland, "Stephen, Earl of Boulogne, who afterwards succeeded to the crown of England, granted to Robert de Molines his land in "Liderlant," for 14s. per annum." 
Again in Lancashire, the latter source that "[Melling cum Cunscough] appears to have been part of the tract of land granted by Roger de Poictou to Vivian de Molines; for the son of the latter, Sir Adam de Molines, gave in free and pure alms to the church of St. Mary, of Cockersand, certain acres of land in Melling and Cunscough." 
Important Dates for the Mollan family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mollan research. Another 97 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1423, 1617 and 1592 are included under the topic Early Mollan History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mollan Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Mollins, Molyne, Molin, Moilines, Moullin, Moulins and many more.
Early Notables of the Mollan family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Mollan Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Mollan family to Ireland
Some of the Mollan family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. More information about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mollan migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Mollan Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Mollan Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- William J Mollan, who arrived in America in 1809 
- Andrew Mollan, who arrived in New York, NY in 1811 
- Hugh Mollan, who landed in New York, NY in 1816 
Contemporary Notables of the name Mollan (post 1700)
- Francis Mollan (1893-1982), Irish born, Major General
You May Also Like
- ^ Lewis, Samuel, A Topographical Dictionary of England. Institute of Historical Research, 1848, Print.
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)