on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Minhinnick was first found in Cornwall
where they held a family seat
as Lords of the Manor of Mwnwynick. Cornwall
was a land set apart, a land of mystique and quaint customs, more strongly related to Brittany
than to England
. It was not until the 10th century that they submitted to the Saxon rule of England. Since then, their influence has moved east into Devon
Spelling variations of this family name include: Menwynick, Menwinnick, Minhinick, Menhinick, Minwinnick, Minwinnick, Minhinnick and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Minhinnick research. Another 209 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1240, 1510, 1600, and 1620 are included under the topic Early Minhinnick History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Minhinnick Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Minhinnick Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Gertrude Minhinnick, aged 35, who settled in London, Ont., in 1907
- Mary Minhinnick, aged 72, who emigrated to London, Ont., in 1907
- Sir Gordon Edward George Minhinnick KBE (1902-1992), English-born, New Zealand cartoonist for the New Zealand Herald from 1930 to 1976
- Robert Minhinnick (b. 1952), Welsh poet, essayist, novelist and translator
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
The Minhinnick Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Minhinnick Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 22 December 2015 at 03:36.
on orders of $85 or more