on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the English Minhinnick family come from? What is the English Minhinnick family crest and coat of arms? When did the Minhinnick family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Minhinnick family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Menwynick, Menwinnick, Minhinick, Menhinick, Minwinnick, Minwinnick, Minhinnick and many more.
First found in Cornwall where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor of Mwnwynick. Cornwall was a land set apart, a land of mystique and quaint customs, more strongly related to Brittany and Wales than to England. It was not until the 10th century that they submitted to the Saxon rule of England. Since then, their influence has moved east into Devon, Somerset and Dorset.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Minhinnick research. Another 209 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1240, 1510, 1600, and 1620 are included under the topic Early Minhinnick History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Minhinnick Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Minhinnick Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Gertrude Minhinnick, aged 35, who settled in London, Ont., in 1907
- Mary Minhinnick, aged 72, who emigrated to London, Ont., in 1907
- Sir Gordon Edward George Minhinnick KBE (1902-1992), English-born, New Zealand cartoonist for the New Zealand Herald from 1930 to 1976
- Robert Minhinnick (b. 1952), Welsh poet, essayist, novelist and translator
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
The Minhinnick Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Minhinnick Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 22 December 2015 at 03:36.
on orders of $85 or more