on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Meder family come from? When did the Meder family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Meder family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Meador, Meader, Meadur, Medur, Medor, Meder, Medder and many more.
First found in Oxfordshire where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the year 1180 when Alexander Meader held estates in that shire.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Meder research. Another 273 words(20 lines of text) covering the years 1332, 1455, and 1487 are included under the topic Early Meder History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Meder Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Meder Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johan Meder, who arrived in New York in 1709
- Catherine Meder, aged 13, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1733
- George Meder, aged 8, landed in Pennsylvania in 1733
- Hendrick Meder, aged 52, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1733
- Henry Meder, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1733
Meder Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Joseph Meder, who landed in Texas in 1845
- B H Meder, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1850
- Michael Meder, who arrived in Baltimore, Maryland in 1875
- Johannes Meder, who arrived in Kansas in 1876
- John Meder, who landed in Kansas in 1876
Meder Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- William Frederic Meder, who landed in Alabama in 1919
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Bowman, George Ernest. The Mayflower Reader A Selection of Articales from The Mayflower Descendent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Virkus, Frederick A. Ed. Immigrant Ancestors A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America Before 1750. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1964. Print.
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
This page was last modified on 23 September 2010 at 15:36.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more