McInery History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Irish name McInery was originally written in a Gaelic form as O hInneirghe, which is derived from an adjective meaning easily roused early.
Early Origins of the McInery family
The surname McInery was first found in County Tyrone (Irish:Tír Eoghain), the ancient territory of the O'Neills, now in the Province of Ulster, central Northern Ireland, where they held a family seat at Cullentra. From here, the head of this Irish sept extended his territories into the valley of Glenconkeiny in County Londonderry.
Important Dates for the McInery family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our McInery research. Another 54 words (4 lines of text) covering the years 1172, 1753, 1785, 1796, 1800, 1816, and 1845 are included under the topic Early McInery History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
McInery Spelling Variations
Just like the English language, the Gaelic language of Ireland was not standardized in the Middle Ages. Therefore, one's name was often recorded under several different spellings during the life of its bearer. Spelling variations revealed in the search for the origins of the McInery family name include O'Henry, Fitzhenry, MacHenry, MacEnery, MacEniry and others.
Early Notables of the McInery family (pre 1700)
Prominent amongst the family at this time was James McHenry (1753-1816), American (Irish-born) patriot in the American Revolution; Secretary of War 1796-1800, and private secretary to...
Another 26 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early McInery Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
McInery migration to Australia
Emigration to Australia
followed the First Fleets
of convicts, tradespeople and early settlers. Early immigrants include:
McInery Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Mary McInery, aged 22, a domestic servant, who arrived in South Australia in 1855 aboard the ship "Grand Trianon"
- William McInery, aged 26, a labourer, who arrived in South Australia in 1858 aboard the ship "Nugget" 
Contemporary Notables of the name McInery (post 1700)
- Thomas McInery, American politician, Member of California State Assembly 9th District, 1875-77 
You May Also Like
- ^ South Australian Register. (Retrieved 2010, November 5) Nugget 1858. Retrieved http://www.theshipslist.com/ships/australia/nugget1858.shtml.
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 10) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html