McCurley History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The McCurley surname is an Anglicization, derived from the Irish Gaelic "Mac Toirdhealbhaigh."
Early Origins of the McCurley family
The surname McCurley was first found in the Connacht counties of Galway and Roscommon (Irish: Ros Comáin) located in central Ireland in the province of Connacht, where the places names Ballymacurley and Curley's Island can be found. There is also legend in Ireland, that the name descends from Maolduin, the second son of the 164th Monarch of Ireland, who founded the clanns of Muldoon. Maolduin's great, great grandson was Clercen, whose name means "curly one." Clercen founded the Clan O'Cleircen, which anglicized is Curley or Curling.
Early History of the McCurley family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our McCurley research. Another 65 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 130 and 1305 are included under the topic Early McCurley History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
McCurley Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Corley, MacCorley, Curley, Curlee, Curling, Kirley, McKerley, McCurley, McCurly and many more.
Early Notables of the McCurley family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early McCurley Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
McCurley migration to Canada +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
McCurley Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Mr. James McCurley, aged 25 who immigrated to Canada, arriving at the Grosse Isle Quarantine Station in Quebec aboard the ship "Clarendon" departing from the port of Liverpool, England but died on Grosse Isle in June 1847 
- Mr. James McCurley, aged 45 who immigrated to Canada, arriving at the Grosse Isle Quarantine Station in Quebec aboard the ship "Lotus" departing from the port of Liverpool, England but died on Grosse Isle in June 1847 
Contemporary Notables of the name McCurley (post 1700) +
- Scott McCurley, American Defensive Quality Control Coach of the Green Bay Packers of the National Football League
- Charkie McCurley (b. 1980), American professional baseball player
- Kevin Snow McCurley, American mathematician, computer scientist, and cryptographer
- Anna Anderson McCurley (b. 1943), Scottish politician
Related Stories +
- ^ Charbonneau, André, and Doris Drolet-Dubé. A Register of Deceased Persons at Sea and on Grosse Île in 1847. The Minister of Canadian Heritage, 1997. ISBN: 0-660-198/1-1997E (p. 43)